Whats the time there

thearmchairdetective

Guest Aussie pat

Sorry I'm not a computer genius so can't help with getting one on PIA. We have just bought our 10yo son a £10 Timex watch (Argos) that has two time zones set on it. He is finding it really interesting, especially as we leave in Nov. Perhaps until one is sorted on PIA that might be of help?

Hedy

Hi, here is one HTML code solution.

(just add it to web page)

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/clock/i16l5zmx/n5" frameborder="0" width="83" height="18"></iframe>

or copy it into your browser

http://free.timeanddate.com/clock/i16l5zmx/n5" frameborder="0" width="83" height="18"

Regards,

Siggi

Cool Siggi, shame i cant make it part of PIA.

second browser will do.

thanks

Guest BAZnDAF

You could always do what I have done, assuming you have Vista and have not removed the sidebar, I have put the time and weather for both Manchester and Adelaide on the sidebar, using the gadgets. so now i can see instantly what time it is there and what the weather is lke :)

Barry

Guest Guzzler&Sas
At the time of writing it is 13:09 hours on Thursday 4th September 2008.

I do wish the site had a clock so that I knew what the local adelaide time was.

Does anyone know of a way of setting one up or is it a big thing for the admin to do?

TIA

Hi,

We have a clock set to UK time next to our computer, to help matters (or confuse)

Current time difference, Adelaide + 8.5 hrs

5th October 2008, Adelaide + 9.5 hrs (Adelaide clocks move foward 1 hr)

26th October 2008, Adelaide +10.5 hrs (UK clocks move back 1hr)

29th March 2009, Adelaide + 9.5 hrs (UK clocks move foward 1 hr)

5th April 2009, Adelaide + 8.5 hrs (Adelaide clocks move back 1 hr)

Need some Panadol now, feel a headache coming on:confused:,

Guzzler

Anyways, once you get here it doesn't really matter...just ring people in the uk whenever you want, first thing you ask is what time is it over there, followed by what's the weather like . If it works out to be 2am there just fake lack of knowledge!Everybody knows Australia is upside down and on the otherside of the world so will be pleased just to get a call no matter what time it is!:biglaugh:

Anyways, once you get here it doesn't really matter...just ring people in the uk whenever you want, first thing you ask is what time is it over there, followed by what's the weather like . If it works out to be 2am there just fake lack of knowledge!Everybody knows Australia is upside down and on the otherside of the world so will be pleased just to get a call no matter what time it is!:biglaugh:

love your sig

Guest FlyByNight

:idea:I have signed up with iGoogle (sic), a branch of google which allows you to customise your homepage. One of the gadgets is a world clock which you can configure to show you 2 conventional clock faces (with embedded analogue displays). Mine has UK time on the left and Adelaide time on the right. Easy.

The only thing you need do is log in to bring up your personalised iGoogle homepage.

It can also do other useful stuff like currency conversion (if you want a laugh!!), Adelaide weather etc.......just check out the gadgets and you can tailor and place them all your homepage to use all in one place.

Have fun.............

:idea:I have signed up with iGoogle (sic), a branch of google which allows you to customise your homepage. One of the gadgets is a world clock which you can configure to show you 2 conventional clock faces (with embedded analogue displays). Mine has UK time on the left and Adelaide time on the right. Easy.

The only thing you need do is log in to bring up your personalised iGoogle homepage.

It can also do other useful stuff like currency conversion (if you want a laugh!!), Adelaide weather etc.......just check out the gadgets and you can tailor and place them all your homepage to use all in one place.

Have fun.............

Thanks for that.

Its not like google chrome is it where you sign awauy all intellectual rights to all photos on your computer and give google the right to sell them is it?

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Just do what I do, have a small travel clock set to uk / Aus time and just look at it:goofy:. You can even see it when the computer is off:biglaugh:

sarah