Flab eyes

Guest the staffords

Guest the staffords

aussies speak english?!..no,im sorry,they dont!...they speak australian.

we had been here about 3 days and had just purchased the stuff you really need from kmart..boogie board,palm tree, bbq etc(honest) and we get to the checkout and the teenage checkout girl tots the bill up and then looks at us and says "flab eyes"???.."sorry love,dont understand?"....she just keeps on chewing her gum,and filing her nails and says it again"flab eyes"????.....we still havent got a clue...she gives in,and im gettin paranoid about how my eyes look after jet lag etc...we leave thinkin what the frick was that all about???...a few more trips to different shops and we sussed it out...fly buys....

they are some sort of loyalty thing,i think?....but then again...shopping...its a woman thing..ha!(sorry girls)

paul.

They used to do 'mystery flights' to the other capital cities from Adelaide. We got a day trip to Perth with our Fly Buy points before we came to live back to England, so that was pretty good. We always have to take the MILs Fly Buy card shopping with us whenever we are there on holiday. Don't know if she ever gets anything with the points though!

rofl yep i still give cashiers a blank look when they ask me and cant sodding figure it out either lol. Im still getting my head around credit cheques or savings. I usually have a lottery last night i lost in foodland as i picked savings for a change and lost (so card got refused and i was tood next a proper hunky ozzie surfer guy how embarassing :biglaugh:) . Oh well at least now they know we arent cashed up brits lol. I dont think anyone can understand my northern accent here either that or they are deaf :biglaugh:

Flab eyes?? :confused: I think i mught have said summat like....."Fat ass"; in response:). Maybe i am an oversensitive soul, tho'.

I am gathering the old club card or nectar points thing is what you all are meaning???

Cashed up Brit??? What's one of those? We're all skint cos we have spent our pennies getting there...................or it feels like it

TC

Jane

Flab eyes?? :confused: I think i mught have said summat like....."Fat ass"; in response:). Maybe i am an oversensitive soul, tho'.

I am gathering the old club card or nectar points thing is what you all are meaning???

Cashed up Brit??? What's one of those? We're all skint cos we have spent our pennies getting there...................or it feels like it

TC

Jane

:biglaugh:thats what we all are aparently , but i cant say anymore as its not fluffy enough :goofy:

rofl!!

im not easily offended, but i know what you mean:biglaugh:

If only they knew; i have spent soo much money already, the stamps for mailing, the e-mails, the pens to fill forms in, the medicals (OMG how much was that??); estate agents; the list goes on and on.........and i haven't even got my visa:biglaugh::biglaugh::huh:, registration etc etc etc....... bloomin skint me.

Wont kill em to be misled for a while tho'!!!!!!

Jane

rofl!!

im not easily offended, but i know what you mean

If only they knew; i have spent soo much money already, the stamps for mailing, the e-mails, the pens to fill forms in, the medicals (OMG how much was that??); estate agents; the list goes on and on.........and i haven't even got my visa:biglaugh::biglaugh::huh:, registration etc etc etc....... bloomin skint me.

Wont kill em to be misled for a while tho'!!!!!!

Jane

oh your going to fit in with the scrapbooking set just as well as me lol:biglaugh:, but then you are a nurse so what more can i say, cynical is our second name lol

now Clare!!! What do you mean cynical? Just because we are adept at fooling the unsuspecting public vis a vis the "no it wont hurt ":biglaugh:. If there ozzies daft enough to think we have got the brass, and i get better service..............so be it.

As for scrap books; well a whole new avenue of exploits, methinks.

Time for :SLEEP:; still trying to sell furniture, freezer, christmas decos, bloody pooped!!

Ciao for now

J