Suburbs 30 minutes from Glenside hospital???

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

:):)

Hi there!!

I'm writing to pick everyone's brains about suburbs within no more than 30 minutes drive from the centre of adelaide. Ideally I could have done with a map with a big circle on it, but have been on google maps but obviously I cna't grasp where 30 minutes drive would take me. I like to look of coromandel valley and norwood etc, are these more than 30 mins drive?? Any suggestiond greafully received.

:unsure::unsure:

Sarah

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Sarah, You'll probably find a large percentage of suburbs are within 30 drive to Adelaide. Some exmples, if you have a map to look at, is West Lakes Shore to the city approx 15 minutes. My brother drove West Lakes Shore to Kensington Gardens (about as far west to as far east as you could get) 8am and 3.30 pm (he's a teacher) and his journey took 40-45 minutes. Norwood is only 5 minutes in the car from the city most times (10 mins if it's very busy). I would take a guess that Coromandel Valley is about 20 minutes to the city but I'm sure others will give you examples of their journey times.

Coromandel Valley could take 30mins in traffic, it bottlenecks by about 8am coming down the Old Belair Rd and into Fullarton Rd. Otherwise about 20 mins.It's nice up there, also look at Belair, Blackwood, Hawthornedene which are surrounding suburbs.

Norwood would be about 5 -15 mins depending on time of day. It has the Parade which is like a high st with lots of littleshops and cafes aswell as supermarkets. It is more expensive than Coro and nearby suburbs.

If you like the hills you could also look at placeslike Stirling,Aldgate,Mount Barker which would also be 30mins or less down the freeway to Glenside.

As already said,there are many suburbs that would fit the bill, some more affordable than others. It just depends what your specifics are.

Guest brandyslad

Just wanted to ask a quick question about travelling from the Southern suburbs to the Northern,is this a really busy route or does the major traffic tend to be people trying to get into the CBD? I ask as we have been looking at some of the southern suburbs but most likely OH would be working in Northern suburbs as he is a welder and most of the job opps seem to be based in the North?

I used to travel from southern burb (Seaford) to northern (Wingfield) i used to leave at 6.30am and arrive at work at 7.20am.............then leave work at 4pm and arrive home at 5.10pm.

It was crap in the dark mornings but once the sun started to rise it was not too bad.

i have since been laid off work and got a call from my old boss and i am now doing some casual work which is only 10mins away = RESULT

not sure how long it will last tho.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sarah

We live in Coromandel Valley and I travel to Adelaide CBD every day, often I drop my daughter off at Urrbrae High School which is not far from Glenside. If you leave at a sensible time you can easily get into town in 30 mintues. Peak hour can snarl up a little but generally it is fine.

We are selling to move to the country (see our house for sale ad in the for sale section if you are interested).

Hope this helps, Rick