Having a wobble...

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Anyone remember the line 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down'?

I did wonder about whether to post this but thought it might actually help someone on the other side or a newbie to know that someone who has been here a while, spent 11 years trying to get here so no commitment issues, has a house, has a good job, has 2 happy kids and 1 happy hubbie, 2 nuts dogs, with some seriously good friends can still be having a wobble. I am not falling down yet. I am not about to go back to the UK as I worked damn hard to get here so I will stay and enjoy it if it kills me!!!!

So I am trying not to turn into a recluse, which is my normal response to anything which makes me feel emotional or vulnerable. And I am talking to my friends but not too much as otherwise I am dwelling on it. And I am going out with the OH in order to get some sunshine and be reminded why we came and also get back into work mode as I think it will help.

I am not expecting anyone to comment exactly, unless you feel the same, but thought I would share.:unsure:

Have ahappy day peeps, sun is shining if you are in Oz and for those in UK, you can build snowmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well some can...:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Oh Libby - good on you for verbalising how you honestly feel. I wish I knew how to make it better for you .... but sometimes just saying it makes it margainly better.

I went back to work yesterday and wished I had taken more time off but glad I got day one out of the way. Today I am working from home (being a bit sneaky popping onto here, but hey!) and life is good.

Just because everything around you is good, does not always make it better. Time will tell - don't forget we have just done Xmas/NY and that is always an emotional time being away from what is familiar.

Enjoy your day out .... you know where we are! Will a spa make it better?

S

xxx

Hi Libby - chin up, shoulders back, onwards and upwards and all that! Been there, done that too, and my only recommendation is whatever you do, don't put REM's Everybody Hurts on the stereo - not good I can assure you! Hope the sunshine gets you through the blues and you can come out the other side smiling.

Thinking of you....

Diane

Anyone remember the line 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down'?

I did wonder about whether to post this but thought it might actually help someone on the other side or a newbie to know that someone who has been here a while, spent 11 years trying to get here so no commitment issues, has a house, has a good job, has 2 happy kids and 1 happy hubbie, 2 nuts dogs, with some seriously good friends can still be having a wobble. I am not falling down yet. I am not about to go back to the UK as I worked damn hard to get here so I will stay and enjoy it if it kills me!!!!

So I am trying not to turn into a recluse, which is my normal response to anything which makes me feel emotional or vulnerable. And I am talking to my friends but not too much as otherwise I am dwelling on it. And I am going out with the OH in order to get some sunshine and be reminded why we came and also get back into work mode as I think it will help.

I am not expecting anyone to comment exactly, unless you feel the same, but thought I would share.:unsure:

Have ahappy day peeps, sun is shining if you are in Oz and for those in UK, you can build snowmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well some can...:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dear Libby,

Don't know you at all but just a quick note to say lots of hugs to you! In my experience (I'm American - moved to Canada for 4 years and now in the UK for 13) those feelings hit for the oddest reasons at the oddest times regardless of how happy or how long you've been here. We're comnig (hoping to) Australia for specific reasons which I won't go into but even on our reccie - neither of us said - "this is the best the place in the world". We just thought it would be right. We're caught up in the Capital investment issue still (applied for a PR138 in August 2007 and 16 months down the line...) and when that broke loose in December 07 - I remember telling my British husband how much I hated it here and how unfair it was. However, I don't hate it here (Cornwall) at all. It's home for now and we've had a great life and been happy but for that moment - at that time the emotions were so real. Now, I laugh. I really believe that in a few months you might look back and think of this as a "blip" and be there for someone else in your family who might also "blip" once in a while. But - I know that for me - it's always the fear that it's not a "blip" and you might start feeling this way permanently. It's only years of transient experience that have made me realise most times I just come through. Maybe this is the time to come up with a list of things that make you feel better and just choose one every week (course it could be an expensive few weeks...but all in the name of self-improvement I say!)

Blessings upon you!

Liz

PS. I'd love to be hot. I can't build a Snowman(which I'd like to do cuz I come from lot of SNOW) and I've had a sinus infection SINCE THE 5th of DECEMBER because in Cornwall it rained every day from 15th of June to the 27th of August and apparently everything bred (or nothing died.) Be of good cheer! Most teachers here want to wear face masks!

Guest Lulujim

Hi Libby - Just wanted to say I hope you're feeling less wobbly now...

It's weird because I think most of us look at others lives and think that everyone is happy/happier than them.. (I know I do) - and just because you have lots of good things in your life - it doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel wobbly ever!

Hope you got some spending done, wine drunk and some chocolate eaten!

Alexis x

P.s - REALLY love that house, we viewed it on our reccie - but trying not to think about it as I knwo it's a bit bonkers before we've even moved out there! Thanks for the offer though, v much appreciated x

Guest donna T

Ah Lib, it's that time of the year I think - just after Christmas and all the partying, it can all feel a bit flat:sad:

Hope you feel better soon, but in the meantime, pop in anytime for a chinwag and a cuppa and a choccie biscuit.:wubclub:

Big hugs

Donna x

Ah Lib, it's that time of the year I think - just after Christmas and all the partying, it can all feel a bit flat:sad:

Hope you feel better soon, but in the meantime, pop in anytime for a chinwag and a cuppa and a choccie biscuit.:wubclub:

Big hugs

Donna x

Don't go to her house - come to mine! I only buy McVities choccie biccies!!!!:P Seriously though, Donna's right. I think it's the time of year, you've spent the last few weeks in a festive glow and now the party's over. Get some time in down the beach, do some retail therapy and come round for a cuppa!

xxxx

Guest Libby1971

THANK YOU

Do you know what? I am so lucky :notworthy::notworthy:

I'll be round before long. Walking the dogs on the beach later so that should be good...bloody OH complained about the amount spent on his credit card, has he no sympathy at all? Nowhere in the least exotic or exciting (IKEA, how boring is that?) but I am just trying to create those spending opportunities... There has been a lot of up and down moments...up for UK, down for saying goodbyes, up for wedding, down coz it's over, up for Kylie, down coz of reports, up for Xmas, down coz etc etc. Hell when I look at it like that, it's no wonder I feel cr*p!!!

Seriously people, you are very kind and I am grateful for your continuing support.

If I know where you live, watch out, I'll be round very soon, have a custard cream at the ready xx

Hi Libby,

thanks as ever for your candour and humility. We're hoping to be out there soon, but I know my wife will have her wobbly moments when we do. Have a look at this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1970s-Airfix-Weebles-3-family-members_W0QQitemZ260341568897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_VintageToys_RL?hash=item260341568897&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1298|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Copy the picture and pin it on the fridge. Or better still, buy the set! They've survived, and we know you will too!!

all the best

Sean

Hi Libby

Sweetie, chin up !! I know its hard at times, I think deep down we all feel vulnerable & very emotional more often than not sometimes. You ARE in the right place, just think this Friday you will have a few days away from home, relaxing, soaking up the sun...........& don't forget Bob's wallet LOL !!

Seriously, you know where I am, anytime, I know that our rellies have taken a lot of our time but as I said earlier this week, please DO POP IN, no invite needed !! A cuppa or something stronger awaits you..............big hugs Angela xxxx

Guest honey57

Here in Bulgaria we are in deep, deep snow:unsure: Hate it personally, but the other half loves it!!

Chin up love! I don't know you, but I think I have been where you are. Think of the good things you have and why you did what you did, have they changed? Head up, push forward and it will pass, for now at least.

Best of everything

Honey