wow it was hot today!!

ozzieclare2be

Guest mightyBouch

It was a warm one in the UK as well!! 9 degrees!!

After last weeks -8 degrees, I nearly had my flip flops and bermudas on!!

40.5 degrees today :shocked:. I almost melted out on my round down glenelg!! Has anyone any strategies for coping iwth heat, had lots of water but getting in and out of car all day from hot to cold i feel really perculiar tonight lol:goofy:

It was a warm one in the UK as well!! 9 degrees!!

After last weeks -8 degrees, I nearly had my flip flops and bermudas on!!

pmsl :biglaugh::biglaugh: nice one!!

I'm not coping too well with this heat at all. Today I was walking around the house with a wet tea towel around my shoulders (would recommend that inside your own house, not a good look on the streets). :cute:

J x

Guest Tracijbc

Holy moly, it certainly was, and still is a real scorcher! That bloomin' wind, like you had opened the oven door! Poor old Matty had to cut a hedge, so additional blast of comforting warmth from a petrol hedge trimmer, just to make sure he didn't catch a chill...poor bugger!

Mind you, a chilly 37 tomorrow, so maybe time to break out the jumper and socks eh? :goofy:

Enjoy it, drink plenty of water and stay indoors if possible. Suzer, if you want to drop over for a cold beer under the aircon, just give us a shout!

Trace xx

Guest cornish Busdriver

LOL LOL ive been stuck in a bus all day at 18.5.

It was 41 when i finished work, yes it was a bit on the warn side but still would rather its like that than freezing my ass of in the UK.

On the plus side if your a bit like me and want to lose a few pounds; what better weather.

Hope theres more to come

Oh, really!!!! We aint seen nuthin yet, im told!!!!!! Melted on the way home having spent the day in beautiful aircon.................the car was a blast furnace!!!!!!

As for Brizzle being 9 degs................it hit double figures in the merkeyside area:p; bermuda baggies at 11 degs....................

spending more dosh on aircon units for the mansh............................

wiltingly yours

Jane

Guest Martin and Val

The highest I saw it around the pool was 41! Great ain't it?

9.35 pm just got out of the pool which was a very hot 34 degrees and the outside temperature is currently 31.

Bring it on, love it. Just missed last years 14 day heat wave as we got on the plane when it started so I wonder how much we will get this year.

Not nice to work in though, I was hack sawing through some metal in the garden not a fun job I can tell you.

I need a west end draft or two!!

Martin

Guest Fancy a Beer

Guess today was a "warm up" for all those hot hot hot days to come, I had forgotten how hot 40+ was, even our pool was a like a hot bath, need to leave the cover off tonight so it cools right down and then it can do its job properly tomorrow!! :GEEK:

We went and had a swim in our friends pool straight after getting off a stinking hot train that had no air conditioning whatsoever and had to endure it for 50 minutes! It was a wonder no one collapsed in the heat. When we got to the car, the temperature inside the car was no different to what we were sitting in inside the train! Not pleased about that at all! Note to self: Don't get in the middle carriage again.

wait till we have a few days in the 40's with the lows down to around 30 at night, you soon get used to it. When the humidity is up then its not good all you do is drip and as for those who say they love it, the hotter the better well I can only assume they dont work for a living

Guest sarahsmartiepants
wait till we have a few days in the 40's with the lows down to around 30 at night, you soon get used to it. When the humidity is up then its not good all you do is drip and as for those who say they love it, the hotter the better well I can only assume they dont work for a living
I do and with a blow drier in my hand I have to say that is not too good!:huh:. but BRING IT ON!!!!!! The hotter the better!

sarah

Guest redfoxy

I think a lot will agree that it is hard for those who work physically, but the hot nights are the hardest for me, but hey lets not complain too much its alll better than -3 and snow !! LOL