Where can I take the kids this holidays???!?!?

Guest Fancy a Beer

Guest Fancy a Beer

We been and done loads this holidays, but I just want to make sure that we have not missed anywhere, so where have you been that you recommend to go before the holidays end??

:idea::idea:

Guest Fancy a Beer
Port Elliott...Horseshoe Bay...best for body boarding and safe....St Kilda playground.........Dolphin cruise....Marion Outdoor pool

Great ideas thanks done quite a few of them already over last few months!!

Whats at Port Elliott?? Is the Marion Pool good/big/slides etc??

Guest norah battie

Marion Pool is great and safe...three pools..one lane/one shallow to deepish for kids and one paddling...cafe and a big water slide.....You buy a card and can use it another day if you haven't finished with it. We are just back from Port Elliott today and have been a few times...The seaside town is lovely and then there is the bay at the front...just out of the Port take a sign posted right and park down at the beach. Bring a boogie board is a must and you can ride the waves...great fun. Kids don't need to go out far for the thrill you will see what I mean when you get there. Goolwa is further but my karate instructor warned me not to take the kids there. We took a drive out to look and we could see what he meant. This is for the serious surfer who knows all about the rips etc. No lifesaver at Port Elliott but just be sensible. Better on a warm/hot day and bring a big picnic and buckets and spades...you'll love it

Guest Fancy a Beer
Monarto Zoo? Went there a couple years bacfk was really good

Really, we went when we first arrived and have to say we were really dissapointed, we had done the City Zoo the week before and that was great, have been many times now, but the whole waiting for a bus thing didnt really work for us, (but the screaming 2 year old on the seat behind prob didnt help much!!) We did two Wallaby walks while waiting for the bus and saw none!

We were very spoilt with having Longleat Safari Park in the UK not to far from us so went many times and that is just brilliant there with so much to see and do! I would say 10 years time Monarto would have added to its animals etc and be a good park!

Sorry to sound negative and thanks for the idea!! :cute:

Really, we went when we first arrived and have to say we were really dissapointed, we had done the City Zoo the week before and that was great, have been many times now, but the whole waiting for a bus thing didnt really work for us, (but the screaming 2 year old on the seat behind prob didnt help much!!) We did two Wallaby walks while waiting for the bus and saw none!

We were very spoilt with having Longleat Safari Park in the UK not to far from us so went many times and that is just brilliant there with so much to see and do! I would say 10 years time Monarto would have added to its animals etc and be a good park!

Sorry to sound negative and thanks for the idea!! :cute:

I would second this, we came away abit dissapointed....not really impressed with adelaide zoo either....nice place but lacking in a few of the big animals..

Jo:dull:

Waterworld is just as good as Marion and a little closer to you! $14 for a family ticket for a day, take a picnic or some snags for the bbq, a chair and a good book and relax as the kids splash (if your kids are old enough not to watch them all the time of course!)

There's bowling at Golden Grove too, or Indoor Rock Climbing at Holden Hill, or take them to watch Adelaide United at Hindmarsh tonight.

Otherwise, bring your bikes down to Linear Park and a backpack with some cool drinks and snacks and have a day meandering towards the City and back - you could stop at the Geoff Heath par 3 golf course and hire some clubs for a round, or just have an ice cream there!

I don't know where Greenwith is so I may suggest places that are miles away but how about Cleland Wildlife park,Gorge wildlife park, any of the national parks are good for picnics, ball games and general walking etc. Port Adelaide. The Largest Rocking horse, chocolate factory.

HTH

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I would second this, we came away abit dissapointed....not really impressed with adelaide zoo either....nice place but lacking in a few of the big animals..

Jo:dull:

I didnt think it was too bad, compared to the zoo in the city which I think is dire! The cages are too small and the place in general is too small.

The thing when I go out in Adelaide now is "prepare to be underwhelmed" and not to think of places like it you might have been to in other countries becuse they rarely compare well!!

My 2, although they are teenagers prefered Monarto to Longleet as they thought the grounds were more like the real surrounds you might see them in.

sarah