Brrrrr!!!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

It's gonna be 0C here tonight!!!

Brr!!!

There was frost this morning and by gum it was chilly.

Lovely sunny days though!

So remember all you wannbe's , it's not always red hot here!!

Starting to harvest the olive grove tomorrow so I'll soon warm up :)

Guest Aussiebound

Sometimes it is nice to have those lovely cold, crisp sunny mornings!

We might even appreciate them occasionally when we are over there - not like here when its cold, wet, dull etc. At least you still got the sun in the day.

Guest muppetbro

.....oh yeh we got 1 or 2 degrees every morning last august when we awoke but strangely enough by 4 pm it was always 16 - 22 degrees once the sun warmed up - not like we get here in midwinter - its all relative - but that is a reall attraction the climate in s.a. apart from the periods of heat that come in from the interior (i think!) in summer - 40 degrees is not pleasant unless your out paddling and killer for working in

Guest happy-jools

OMG congratulations to Steve. This is your first post, and on my user name. Go away and get your own user name.

I will see you later. Mr. !!!!!

Guest Aussiebound
ohhhhh:confused: neil your brave getting in between a woman and her OH:eek:

Its not Neil posting on the forum - its Sarah. Neil always at work. Guess I'm just the brave - or very silly one.;):D Neils name first on the timeline as he is the one getting the points!!!

Guest ali@51

blimey Sarah I think your very brave then, and also very bright to put neil first:D:D.

Then he gets the blame for every thing:p.

Morgan is getting the points for us but he still lets me go first. I wonder why:rolleyes:

Guest happy-jools

You very brave Sarah. Just wait for Sunday, I will be waiting with my fists at the ready - you should know now not to mess with me - also with PMT. Cant wait till Sunday.

Im sure my fists will fall down the minute we see you to give you a hug, seen as though your my long lost twin. (Obviously the most beautiful one!!!):D:D:D

Guest Aussiebound
You very brave Sarah. Just wait for Sunday, I will be waiting with my fists at the ready - you should know now not to mess with me - also with PMT. Cant wait till Sunday.

Im sure my fists will fall down the minute we see you to give you a hug, seen as though your my long lost twin. (Obviously the most beautiful one!!!):D:D:D

Hi Julia

I am so excited about tomorrow, wish today would hurry up!!:D

Holly really looking forward to seeing Olivia and Molly, Elise is to but she doesn't really understand.

See you tomorrow

Sarah xxx

Guest ali@51

Much like our house then. Morgan just gets his head down when those hormones start flying.Joey usualy takes the easy option and changes his allegence to the girls team:cool:.

Sometimes it is nice to have those lovely cold, crisp sunny mornings!

We might even appreciate them occasionally when we are over there - not like here when its cold, wet, dull etc. At least you still got the sun in the day.

No, you won't! It's FREEZING!!! Yuk, yuk, YUK!!! Blankets anyone?!

Sorry, I just had to add that. I hate the cold, although I do appreciate the frost sparkling on the grass etc. Oh and I like our fire too. And my new Ugg boots (lookey-likey Uggs really!).

:cool:LC

Guest Aussiebound

Was just trying to make the cold sound not so bad - I also hate the cold, horrid weather. The sun is among the reasons for going to oz. Obviously not the only one but quite high on the list!!

At least you get to use the fire! And it is winter - we could get that weather in our summer.

Was just trying to make the cold sound not so bad - I also hate the cold, horrid weather. The sun is among the reasons for going to oz. Obviously not the only one but quite high on the list!!

At least you get to use the fire! And it is winter - we could get that weather in our summer.

I wanted to add lots of laughing smilies, but couldn't find any! Still you get the idea!!!!

Still laughing,

LC

I must admit, it appears to be colder than it has been for the past 2 years. I've been in Adelaide 5 years now, my first winter was a shocker and I had to get my Mum to post my Reebok Puffa Jacket over, although by the time it arrived, spring was here! Doh! Mah-ani.gif Since then I've not needed my jacket but its still only June and its freezing - it's gonna be a looooong winter .... Cold-shiver-ani.gif

Guest Django
its still only June and its freezing - it's gonna be a looooong winter .... Cold-shiver-ani.gif

How long is it normally cold for? Might be a silly question but I'm sure I read somewhere that houses don't have heating as its not worthwhile. Reading this thread I might be putting my boiler and radiators into the container. ;)

Pete

Guest Guest75
How long is it normally cold for? Might be a silly question but I'm sure I read somewhere that houses don't have heating as its not worthwhile. Reading this thread I might be putting my boiler and radiators into the container. ;)

Pete

This is the coldest winter I've had in 7 years.

It is cold (ish) until early Sept.

Some days can be fantastic and sunny with 18- 20c.

This winter so far is much wetter - but I suppose we need the water!!

Most houses have some form of heating .We have a log burning stove which is lovely and toasty (have a free supply of wood).

Some houses have reverse cycle air con which can be reversed in winter to blow warm.

Insulation is poor here and a lot of window have draughts as there is virtually no double glazing.

:rolleyes:

Guest Django
Insulation is poor here and a lot of window have draughts as there is virtually no double glazing.

Seems like a business opportunity. ;):D

Pete

Guest theshearers

And there was me hoping to leave my extensive North Face Coat collection over here when we moved!! Guess I'll be rethinking that idea then???

Hope the weather cheers up for you guys soon. If it any consolation its miserable as sin the the UK at the mo and doesn't seem to be getting any better. Then again it has been Royal Ascot this week and Wimbledon starts next week, so its only to be expected!!!!

So much for living in Sunny Devon!!

Vicki x

Guest ralph n bev

Pete

Hi Pete,

weve actually thought about doing this.

Whats stopping you buying some radiators and shipping them in your container, would you be allowed?

They must sell combi boilers out there .You would probably have to surface mount them and box the pipes in , with the solid floors , but so what, warm dry towels , and lovely warm rooms would out weigh that for me.

The room sizes are generally alot larger than over hear more open plan so if you bought the right size , to take this into consideration.

My hubby could fit them for us,(dont think hed need a licence for our own!) he's put all ours in this house and our last house, then get the boiler put in by a gas man!!

Does anyone know if we'd be able to do this?

Does anyone know why they are so expensive out there?

Bev

Guest dglamoore

They do actually sell heaters over here (free standing rather than radiators and combi biolers) and some houses have reverse cycle aircon so although it gets chilly you can warm your house up :o Trouble is that reverse cycle can be pricey so not good to leave on all day and night :eek:

We find the days are ok but does get cold at night. Stick the heating on and a nice warm rug and you are sorted!! The houses here are not generally insulated and do not have double glazing so even with a heater you are warming it up more outside than in :P

It does not normally get this cold, apparently we are having a wetter and colder winter than normal (yeah would be now we are here!!) and the cold spell only lasts a few months (unlike the uk) so heating is not as necessary as it is in the uk.

Lisa:cool:

Guest sarah

How suprised are we having to have hot water bottles & wool hats in OZ! Shocking, tho the days are absolutely beautiful. None of those awful grey overcast depressing weeks that make up most of the year in good ol England .....Think its gonna be a hot summer over here;) slip slap slop!

Guest Aussiebound

At least its your winter.

We have not much more than 10 degrees, freak heavy rainstorms, floods.............. this is summer!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on Oz

sarah