Is This too expensive or not?

sduffy

Hi Guys,welcome your opinion on this.

Had a leaky kitchen mixer tap a couple of days ago,called out plumber.Young apprentice turned up and advised needed a replacement tap fixed.

We have now received a bill for nearly $400.00.

Surely this is over the top?

How long should it take to do such a job?

Any views welcome.

Guest BAZnDAF

I'm not even there yet, but even i think that is expensive. how much was the mixer tap? and was it included in the bill? and did he investigate changing the tap washer?

Guest anniewo

My son had a problem with a plumbing company who charged $320 and never fixed the problem.Name of the company began with S and a very high profile company.Don't want to name them for fear of litigation

Guest Martin and Val

Having never purchased a tap in Australia I really can't say if this is over the TAP or not:biglaugh:. I would say that I've bought taps in the UK before and like anything else you only get what you pay for but $400 seems a little excessive. Even if the tap came to $160 which I would say would be a pretty good tap I can't see how he can justify a further $240 to install it. Probably an hours work at the most.

I should diversify and start plumbing work? Maybe somebody else could correct my opinion on this and shock me with the price of a tap here?

Guest Guest75
Hi Guys,welcome your opinion on this.

Had a leaky kitchen mixer tap a couple of days ago,called out plumber.Young apprentice turned up and advised needed a replacement tap fixed.

We have now received a bill for nearly $400.00.

Surely this is over the top?

How long should it take to do such a job?

Any views welcome.

Waaaayy over the top.

Could not hubby have fixed it - easy job to do.