which bbq to buy?

Guest dave

G'day! has anyone got any recommendations for a good barbie to buy? going to get one at weekend but have seen some for stupid money,mucho, mucho dinas. not wanting to spend tooo much. also, any must have's etc?

cheers in advance and best wishes,

dave

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Dave,

I take it that you looking for a BBQ means your not in Rotherham anymore?

We got ours in Bunnings before Christmas and are very happy with it. Don't know what you want to spend but ask the prices as the one we liked was just short of $1,000 when we asked the price it was on special, £695 if think it was. They didn't even know this at the till, when we told them the name of the person who we had asked they rang him he confirmed it and that's what we paid. So make sure you ask before you get to the till.

Happy cooking

Martin

Guest graandjac
:D about $400 should be enough , get the biggest you can afford , dont worry about a side gas ring as we have never used it, the ones with a solid hot plate we have found to be the best , jackaroo (brand) have been good for us in k mart i think. good luck

Guest panther
G'day! has anyone got any recommendations for a good barbie to buy? going to get one at weekend but have seen some for stupid money,mucho, mucho dinas. not wanting to spend tooo much. also, any must have's etc?

cheers in advance and best wishes,

dave

Most of the big places like b/q galore ,Bunnings,Kmart Woolworths even lecornus have sales on just visit the m all and compare prices.

The best B/Q of all is a disc of a old farmers plough:notworthy:, raised up on a couple of bricks there great used them all time in the country

Although now got the big 8 burner can cook anything on them

Panther

Budget Accomodation in Marino

Guest Martin and Val

The one we went for from Bunnings was a six burner which is split by two hoods so it's a four and a two burner combined. It works for us as you only have to clean the part you use. Just the two of us use the small section friends over open the whole thing up.

We did look at BBQ's galore but thought they were a bit expensive to be honest. Maybe they have come down a little now.

Oh yeah, we had a family BBQ the other week and as I'm really a novice to this garden cooking game I let the Aussie Relation take over. The first thing he did was turn off the gas ring on the end and tip the unions from the saucepan onto the hot plate looked at me with a big grin and said "That thing on the end is for soup and stew, cut it off and throw it away, this is a BBQ"

Good luck with what ever you buy.

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
is it worth buying one in the UK to bring with us.

In my opinion, No, wait until you get here. You will find so much choice with size and amounts of burners etc, some even come with their own sink and taps built in!

We did bring our old English one with us and if we were to try and use it we would need to change the gas pipe and regulator on it as they are different over here. It just sits in the garage now while we play with the new Aussie one.

Martin