Message for Tim

Guest Wersal Gummage

Guest Wersal Gummage

Tim as the forum admin, could you please keep check on your moderators and remind them they are not god and that every one is entitled to their opinion.

I am waiting for an appology from Django for his personal attack..

as follows

I shall lock this thread so you don't upset many of our long standing members with your petty small mindedness. I may well when I have time go through all your posts and delete/edit as I see fit.

Heavy handed moderating and infringing on your right to free speech?????

Maybe? but I won't have some loud mouthed newbie upseting respected members of the forum.

Pete

I upset no one apart from one member how obvioulsy didnt have the same view a I for obvious reasons.

Django if you want to look through my posts you will see I am not here to upset members, but will tell it how it is.

You have a real check calling me a loud mouthed newbie, petty and small minded just because I post the way I see it.

I think you should change your signature If you no longer stand by what it says. or is that just ok for you.

Guest caoimhe

Well I have looked through your posts and personally it appears to me that were possible you do try to upset other members with your comments. You always seem to want to make the threads controversial and go for the shock element. I don't feel that this is what this forum is about. So maybe you should try to keep your posts to giving advice and not attacking other members.

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Wersal.

Why should you get an appology from Django; you asked for it.

Your Post though only a few have been all about trying for shock value and attacking others.

Would you please remember that kids read this forum as well so tone it down ok.

Guest ReadyPenny

Wersal

You are on a hiding to nothing here mate. After all this is a community and that is what we do, stick together. No, you dont always have to agree and yes, of course you can have a different opinion to others, even the moderators, but as previously said, there is a WAY to express an opinion and your way to seems to upset folk.

Everyone is welcome on the forum but as Matt said, there a quite a few kids on here and we all need to remember that when posting.

The mods have a job to do and they do it well, attacking them will get you nowhere. Enjoy the forum and share your experiences by all means, but please leave it at that

Mandy

This forum is a place for advice, a place to have a friendly chat and discussions and a place for a laugh. It is an open forum and therefore open for abuse at times. I think people can write things in a hurry and if feelings are running high then it often comes across in a way that it was not meant. Those reading threads can then pick up a post and interpret this to how they may want it - depending on his/her mood. I think it is the same for email. Its a known fact, don't write in red / capitals and if in doubt - don't send or post it.

Sometimes I think people hesitate when they want to say something in case someone jumps down their throat. If I feel like I want to disagree with a person I will, if I feel the need - although rarely :D

Reading some of the threads posted they refer to topics that I think shouldn't be on this forum and I think the moderators need to step in as there is a time and a place and in my opinion this isn't the place, as said before children look at this forum.

Reading the posts I have to agree with what has been said - it seems as though the poster is going out of their way to antagonise people:skeptical: Would you speak to people to their face like this?

Tim as the forum admin, could you please keep check on your moderators and remind them they are not god and that every one is entitled to their opinion.

as follows I upset no one apart from one member how obvioulsy didnt have the same view a I for obvious reasons.

Django if you want to look through my posts you will see I am not here to upset members, but will tell it how it is.

You have a real check calling me a loud mouthed newbie, petty and small minded just because I post the way I see it.

I think you should change your signature If you no longer stand by what it says. or is that just ok for you.

My 12 year old is a member of this forum and there's no way I want her reading a couple of your posts. Theres a time and place for it - but not on a public forum where kids can read it.

Pete does a great job and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone here that disagrees.

as follows I upset no one apart from one member how obvioulsy didnt have the same view a I for obvious reasons.

Only being a member for a few months and with very little posts,It stike me that you are either a troll or don't want to contribute to the forum in a positive light and add some value. The mods and myself have guidelines to which we stick to. This ensures the forum is run effectively with the minimum of disruption ad to uphold the forum rules.

Thanks

Tim

Guest Guest75

Just as an aside..............

I have said to Pete (Django) that he is more than welcome to remove my posts from "that" thread.

It's not what this forum is about really.:notworthy:

Guest Wersal Gummage

Well how very disappointing not to get any comments in my favour.

Ok I cant really blame Tim for backing up his Moderator, he couldn't have done anything else.

I do thank some of you for your constructive criticisms of my posts and take on Board what you have said.

It wasn't my intension to up set anyone, ok maybe the golden child, but he asked for it when he presumed a post was about him.

My initial thought after reading your comments was not to post any more but seeing as there are over 500 views on this thread and only 5 members have commented I can only surmise that others probably agree with me but don't want to upset the in crowed. ( members who meet with mods off the Board will always be favoured.)

Kids on the forum.

I would like to know what I have posted that is any worse than the comments in the Bonds thread.

Tyke posted about Sac rash ( is that OK because its Tyke???)

Going commando was also posted and then a description of what it means. is that ok because they have more posts or because you all go down the beach together.??

:Randy-git: this should go down really well with the 8 year olds :confused:

If you cant think of any answers just delete the thread so new members cant see how they will be treated if they dare to have a different view to that of the in crowd.

I will continue to post because I like to help people where I can.

I will also still be honest even if I do have to disagree with the long term members, if you don't like my post delete it, if you don't like me, delete me as a member, but I'll be back.

Right, now posting a concerned new member, why do we get so much spam on this forum leading to bad websites. How do they get through the registration process.

I have removed all traces of nastiness from the thread and have also re opened it.

Pete

Oh Pete :policeman:, I was just going to read it to see what all the fuss is about! Probably best, as I'm sure my delicate sensibilities would have been offended - and I'm at work and should get my nose to the grindstone anyway.

Never mind, I know someone who has probably read it and can fill me in on all the goss tonight!

Well how very disappointing not to get any comments in my favour.

Ok I cant really blame Tim for backing up his Moderator, he couldn't have done anything else.

I do thank some of you for your constructive criticisms of my posts and take on Board what you have said.

It wasn't my intension to up set anyone, ok maybe the golden child, but he asked for it when he presumed a post was about him.

My initial thought after reading your comments was not to post any more but seeing as there are over 500 views on this thread and only 5 members have commented I can only surmise that others probably agree with me but don't want to upset the in crowed. ( members who meet with mods off the Board will always be favoured.)

Kids on the forum.

I would like to know what I have posted that is any worse than the comments in the Bonds thread.

Tyke posted about Sac rash ( is that OK because its Tyke???)

Going commando was also posted and then a description of what it means. is that ok because they have more posts or because you all go down the beach together.??

:Randy-git: this should go down really well with the 8 year olds :confused:

If you cant think of any answers just delete the thread so new members cant see how they will be treated if they dare to have a different view to that of the in crowd.

I will continue to post because I like to help people where I can.

I will also still be honest even if I do have to disagree with the long term members, if you don't like my post delete it, if you don't like me, delete me as a member, but I'll be back.

Right, now posting a concerned new member, why do we get so much spam on this forum leading to bad websites. How do they get through the registration process.

some observations....

1) refering to respected members as "golden child" is very childish and if you have issues with tyke for whatever reason then i suggest to take it off the board, its beginning to smack of jealousy to me

2)i personally refrained from commenting not because i agreed with you but thought you may be a troll and didnt feel it appropriate to feed you any more. So 500 views and 5 posts id say probly everyone else was thinking similar

3)If children are using this forum then lets hope their parents are sat next to them, im sure they will see/hear far worse than whats on this forum so on that ONE point i would agree

4)People do have different views on here, everyone is free to say what they want, just dont expect people to agree or actually like you for it. Im all for speaking your mind i do at times and if people want to ignore me then thats fine lol. But not everyone has the same opinion and some people dont know how to have one!

5)So far i havent actually seen how your posts have been helpful, i think wersal maybe you need to re-read your posts and see how they come across

6)all this members meeting off the boards nonsense, ive met a handful of people from this site, never met Tyke or Django, does that mean i cant agree with them? Thats again a bit childish if you ask me

I sense you have issues wersal surrounding jealousy. My advice take a holiday come back and start again, hope this doesnt offend, it wasnt my intention, just a bit of good old honest opinion which is what your advocating!

Guest Wersal Gummage

Thank you Clare.

A very good post, although numbers 1 and 2 made me laugh.

I honestly do not have a problem with Tyke, he obviously didn't like my negative opinion of furnished rentals, and my post got deleted.

I'll leave it at that.

Guest Martin and Val

OK,

I've sat back here not saying a word but now I feel I must add a couple.

Can everybody stop this bitter in fighting that keeps popping up on this Forum?

It's a place for help and advice not for a slanging match with others.

See this_______________________________________________________________

yes it's a line which I've drawn under the topic. (end of topic everyone please, I hope you'll allow me the last word)

Now lets all get on with being happy, life is to short to do otherwise.

Thank you

Martin

Guest Wersal Gummage
5)So far i haven't actually seen how your posts have been helpful, i think wersal maybe you need to re-read your posts and see how they come across
I just had a look at my posts Clare and I didn't think they were too bad.

At least my first 5 were helpful, I think a merry christmas and a sad one, getting into a shopping bag debate with everyone else and even a tongue in cheek one to you, telling you to get out more, which you obviously didn't find funny.

Not sure how you see my posts as not helpful.

Oh well, life goes on.

Oh Pete :policeman:, I was just going to read it to see what all the fuss is about! Probably best, as I'm sure my delicate sensibilities would have been offended - and I'm at work and should get my nose to the grindstone anyway.

Never mind, I know someone who has probably read it and can fill me in on all the goss tonight!

I hope you don't mean me young man - you know I never gossip. Now get back to work - at the double.

;):D

I hope you don't mean me young man - you know I never gossip. Now get back to work - at the double.

;):D

Oi you Martin has just told the forum to stop this sort of bickering.;)

Pete

Oi you Martin has just told the forum to stop this sort of bickering.;)

Pete

Hello :policeman: Pete,

Yessir! I understand. It's just that the making up makes it worth it! :biglaugh:

Anyway, and apologies to Martin for stepping over the line, Wersal does have a point about the suitability of stuff on here for kids. I am pleased to see that the 'randy***' icon has been removed (I am such a prude) and I do think that grown ups should try not to swear on the forum but should set an example.

Also, there is nothing wrong with agreeing/disagreeing with a person's opinion but it's when it begins to get personal that it all goes downhill. We know that there are other forums out there with much lower standards; PIA generally is excellent, so let's try and keep it that way.

This thread is going no where. You got your answer from Tim and now you will get your answer from me.

In my opinion you were bang out of order in your assault on Tyke both personally and towards his business. I locked the thread and deleted all the posts that related to the assault. Will I appologise? Yes I will. I am so sorry that it took me so long to see your 'unhelpful' posts and that people had to read them.

I had left this thread open so that you could have your say. Now you have had your say I shall lock it as this forum is about helping people make the move to Adelaide not about egos. Now Martin's line has been drawn for good. Any future threads or posts on the matter will be deleted as they bear no relevence to migrating.

Pete