Roll on 2010

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Right whinge time ( as the typical pom I am), I need to get this off my chest

I am soooooooooo over 2009 already. Come on 2010, get a move on, you have GOT to be better.

So far:....

1. Started a diet. Having results, fair enough, but I am sick to death of salad, vegetables and can no longer face trying to make veg exciting by roasting them. I have lost the will to live...
  2. diggers making a hole for a pool find rock and a 3 day job turns into six.
  3. we didn't commit to a firm price with the said diggers and it cost us a bl**dy fortune
  4. I got ill within 1 week of going back to work (as a teacher) - the kids hadn't arrived yet!!
  5. We had the floors sanded - HHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE mistake as I now have a pine floor, with little beech/ cherry colouring and I don't like it. However the paint that has gone up (thanks Ashley) has mellowed the yellow (yeah I know) and I might like it sometime on the future
  6. My eldest has turned into something from Kevin and Perry, as she says what she thinks I want to hear and doesn't actually do what I want her to (I know I have so much more to come)
  7. I get stuck in a minor car accident but am in bloody agony with my back and umpteen weeks of expensive physio and hydrotherapy while the s*dding insurance company decide what they're doing
  8. My OH has decided he can do a better job of sorting out the retaining wall but hit himself in the leg with a pickaxe - thankfully only cutting his leg and not chopping it off altogether
  9. OH also decided to get a bit macho with the pickaxe and something has 'popped or gone' in his chest
  10. OH thought it'd take 2 days max to sort out the retaining wall (it's been 9 days so far and we're not even halfway) and so ordered 4 ton of gravel ready to be put out. It has been there for a week. He has now given up in the back garden for a while and has moved out front instead.
  11. OH bought a clock at an auction house (amongst other stuff) which has birds instead of numbers. On the hour, instead of a chime or something similar we have bird calls which match the said pictures of birds traumatising the love of my life, my 2 year old Groodle, Alfie.
  12. Oh and the now almost 8 month old puppy had his bits chopped off and now can't stop spreading his legs to show us what is missing!!!!
  13. The almost 8 month old puppy (labrador/ mini poodle), weighing 10 kilos and as high as my knee, is bullying my 2 year old 35 kilo who stands as high -as- my- thigh- with- his- head- down- Groodle (Golden Retriever/ Standard Poodle)
  14. My garden has been destroyed...no other way to describe it. There isn't a hint of green. The pool has taken over. The decking is being sorted. The gravel which was meant for the back is now going out the front so I have to go shopping for gravel, AGAIN - what a thrill my life has become...$75 a ton, bargain or not, who knows, who cares....
  15. Haighs, my other solace in life (apart from the love of my life dog), was a farce today as I walked in and optimistically thought I'd be able to get a nice choccie egg. Alas, the said choc shop couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery (or the choccie equivalent) and the queue was almost out the door
  16. I got caught by the OH last week trying to get dressed after stuffing my trousers in the tumble drier at my friends house after I'd had a few and decided that Anita Ward's "You Can Ring My Bell" was best danced to fully clothed in the swimming pool and then realised that I was going to be obviously soggy in the car adn tried to hide the evidence
  17. Oh and I was wearing pop socks so you can guess how long my so called friends have been laughing...one or two are still in a corner somewhere with a bottle of wine
  18. Thanks to the aforementioned diet, my dinner tonight was 2 fish fingers and a fishcake
  19. Oh and I can't find a decent handbag anywhere which is REALLY annoying me.

I think that's it for now. I may come back tomorrow :confused::arghh:

Anyone want to share my whinge? Or express your own...

Guest GIPSY

Excellent

Loved it - still laughing now - sorry I mean sympathising of course

I remember your family from the Wanted Down Under series - you never know you may end up with another claim to fame on You Tube if your friends had a secret video camera ;-)

Just remember 'Life is tough, but I am tougher!' - can we please have regular installments, that was so funny :-)

I can definitely empathise with the drunken moments - I get worse with age and alcohol has some strange effects on me... and then I suffer for the WHOLE day after - I should really think about becoming tee total, but that would not last with the wine in SA!

Hope things start to look up soon

Hayley

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Oh Libby that was sooooooooooo funny maybe you should change career to a stand up comedian, you could start on "Australias got talent"

I hope your OH hurries up and gets better so he "sort" out the back garden!:cute:

Guest Nick11

Number 16 and 17 will be in our memories forever and no Libby we will never let you forget it. I can't go into my garage now without having a quiet chuckle to myself.

I believe there is photographic evidence somewhere but none of us are brave enough to ever print it.

Be positive with your diet - you've lost loads of weight.

Nick

x

1. My OH has decided he can do a better job of sorting out the retaining wall but hit himself in the leg with a pickaxe - thankfully only cutting his leg and not chopping it off altogether

are you sure he wasnt holding a golf club:biglaugh:..............will never forget the youtube clip:biglaugh:

Guest Libby1971

I am glad you've had a titter but I do have a couple more...

Just checked the Easter eggs and despite my very best efforts to get them home safely I have some that are little more than a misshapen mess in the foil - mercifully not the Haighs I think otherwise Easter would be cancelled.

Daughters school report...can't think of much to say except Hhhmmmppphhhh!:mad:

Got a bit enthusiastic in the pool waving my tennis rackets around and then spent the rest of the day suffering. I mean I ask you- tennis rackets...how hard can it be?

And finally, got told to buy comfortable shoes. Comfortable shoes = looking like a 1950s reject. I feel such an a*se in my nice multicoloured flat comfy shoes which I know were trendy circa 1982 but have long since been consigned to the Salvation Army shops.. *Sigh* 37 years old and I am an official old fart

Guest UzinOz

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! :notworthy:

That really made me laugh, thank God it's not only me that feels like that sometimes, this has been the best post in a long time.

Jackie

Guest moonraker1959

wow Libby,hope your luck changes soon lol I thought number 16 was hilarious though lol lol Never mind,chin up,and hope all goes well from now on xx

Guest Jo&Phil

Whinge away ........ as my (Australian) husband informs me regularly, it's our cultural heritage so we need to maintain it.

And don't get me started on fencing companies!!!

How on earth did anyone manage to cross a miniature poodle and a labrador? Was there a ladder involved??!!!

Was just saying to OH this morning that there's some very clever marketing gone on out here - whereas before a cross breed was just a Bitzer, now they're "designer" crosses and sell for more than the pure breeds! I just feel sorry for all the ones that end up with the labrador/retriever/whatever's coat, shedding like mad, and the poodle's nature, rather than the other way round!! Must be at least 50% rejects!!!!

Chin up, apparently everythin in 2010 will be sunshine and roses!

D