Right whinge time ( as the typical pom I am), I need to get this off my chest
I am soooooooooo over 2009 already. Come on 2010, get a move on, you have GOT to be better.
- Started a diet. Having results, fair enough, but I am sick to death of salad, vegetables and can no longer face trying to make veg exciting by roasting them. I have lost the will to live...
- diggers making a hole for a pool find rock and a 3 day job turns into six.
- we didn't commit to a firm price with the said diggers and it cost us a bl**dy fortune
- I got ill within 1 week of going back to work (as a teacher) - the kids hadn't arrived yet!!
- We had the floors sanded - HHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE mistake as I now have a pine floor, with little beech/ cherry colouring and I don't like it. However the paint that has gone up (thanks Ashley) has mellowed the yellow (yeah I know) and I might like it sometime on the future
- My eldest has turned into something from Kevin and Perry, as she says what she thinks I want to hear and doesn't actually do what I want her to (I know I have so much more to come)
- I get stuck in a minor car accident but am in bloody agony with my back and umpteen weeks of expensive physio and hydrotherapy while the s*dding insurance company decide what they're doing
- My OH has decided he can do a better job of sorting out the retaining wall but hit himself in the leg with a pickaxe - thankfully only cutting his leg and not chopping it off altogether
- OH also decided to get a bit macho with the pickaxe and something has 'popped or gone' in his chest
- OH thought it'd take 2 days max to sort out the retaining wall (it's been 9 days so far and we're not even halfway) and so ordered 4 ton of gravel ready to be put out. It has been there for a week. He has now given up in the back garden for a while and has moved out front instead.
- OH bought a clock at an auction house (amongst other stuff) which has birds instead of numbers. On the hour, instead of a chime or something similar we have bird calls which match the said pictures of birds traumatising the love of my life, my 2 year old Groodle, Alfie.
- Oh and the now almost 8 month old puppy had his bits chopped off and now can't stop spreading his legs to show us what is missing!!!!
- The almost 8 month old puppy (labrador/ mini poodle), weighing 10 kilos and as high as my knee, is bullying my 2 year old 35 kilo who stands as high -as- my- thigh- with- his- head- down- Groodle (Golden Retriever/ Standard Poodle)
- My garden has been destroyed...no other way to describe it. There isn't a hint of green. The pool has taken over. The decking is being sorted. The gravel which was meant for the back is now going out the front so I have to go shopping for gravel, AGAIN - what a thrill my life has become...$75 a ton, bargain or not, who knows, who cares....
- Haighs, my other solace in life (apart from the love of my life dog), was a farce today as I walked in and optimistically thought I'd be able to get a nice choccie egg. Alas, the said choc shop couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery (or the choccie equivalent) and the queue was almost out the door
- I got caught by the OH last week trying to get dressed after stuffing my trousers in the tumble drier at my friends house after I'd had a few and decided that Anita Ward's "You Can Ring My Bell" was best danced to fully clothed in the swimming pool and then realised that I was going to be obviously soggy in the car adn tried to hide the evidence
- Oh and I was wearing pop socks so you can guess how long my so called friends have been laughing...one or two are still in a corner somewhere with a bottle of wine
- Thanks to the aforementioned diet, my dinner tonight was 2 fish fingers and a fishcake
- Oh and I can't find a decent handbag anywhere which is REALLY annoying me.
I think that's it for now. I may come back tomorrow
Anyone want to share my whinge? Or express your own...