Car Battries - anywhere open???

Guest Fly Away

Guest Fly Away

Easter Sunday 1pm. Just got into our car and it wouldn't start. Called the RAA and they came out and say that the battery is dead. (Since we have only owned the car 3 days, this is frustrating to say the least and yes we had it RAA checked and bought from a reputable dealer...) We need a new battery but the RAA said nowhere will be open until Tuesday. Just wondering if this is true or if there is some back street place which is open???

Not even sure how we can get a battery if we have no car....

Guest UzinOz

Don't know if it sells batteries, or if it's anywhere near you but I was in Autobarn at Christies Beach yesterday and the sign said it was open until 5pm today, might be worth giving them a ring!!

Jackie

Guest Fly Away
Don't know if it sells batteries, or if it's anywhere near you but I was in Autobarn at Christies Beach yesterday and the sign said it was open until 5pm today, might be worth giving them a ring!!

Jackie

Thanks Jackie. We managed to find out that Superquick Auto are open not far from us. I am just surprised the RAA thought everywhere was shut and left us - as far as they knew - with no car until Tuesday and made no effort to help.

The cost should be covered by the garage or the warrenty - not sure which yet as both are shut until Tuesday. Why did this have to happen to us on bloomin Easter Sunday??? :arghh:

RAA can do it.....

My daughter's car needed a new battery. The RAA have their own section that do this...so am a bit confused as to why they didnt suggest this to you..

Are you a member?

We called them up...were round within an hour and fitted a new battery...can't remember the cost, think it was less than $100.....

lorraine

Guest Fly Away
RAA can do it.....

My daughter's car needed a new battery. The RAA have their own section that do this...so am a bit confused as to why they didnt suggest this to you..

Are you a member?

We called them up...were round within an hour and fitted a new battery...can't remember the cost, think it was less than $100.....

lorraine

Thanks Lorriane. We are members and the car was only RAA checked last Tuesday... I have since found out we should have had a new battery for free. Tomorrow first thing we will be on the phone asking them to bring one round. we have had a miserable day trying to get this sorted and failing. Our 9 year old was promised a day on the beach and is upset... we might spend tomorrow doing the same thing. Very disappointed in the RAA.

Guest Fly Away

Just wanted to add a cheerful end to this story. When the car broke down, we tried to call the garage which sold it to us. As it was Easter weekend, they were shut, so we sent them an email detailing the problem and saying we couldn't manage all weekend without a car so we had to try to get a new battery fitted. Anyway on Tuesday morning, the garage called us, apologised for the problem and will be paying for the battery which the RAA (eventually) fitted.

So thanks Adelaide Vehicle Centre!!! :notworthy: