When is this raing gonna stop!!?

likesshopping

This rain is really getting me down down - its so depressing...........its forecast to rain all week for where we live...:confused:

SOMEONE tell me that when we get to Adelaide in mid August that it WONT be RAINING!!!

Every time I have to take or pick kids up from school - its start peeing down!!

rant over.

thanks

sarahx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mOZzy

i am so with you on this one sarah!!!!

when oh when :confused:

we are all going nuts with being stuck indoors - you can only so often take the kids in complete raingear out :cool:

we were just soooo lucky that exactly after the wedding ceremony it stopped for 50min and we could go into the gardens and get some pictures done!!

but oh yes: THAT much rain in adelaide?!?!?! for sure not ... :eek:

Hi susi......

did you get married recently then?.......

W havent got a garden either - so we've been stuck in for ages - the kids have really had enough of each other and its constant arguing all the time.......

...I just keep humming to myself.....trying to keep sane.

Been home 10 mins - already there are tears!!!!

HELLLLLPPPPP MMMMEEEEEEE!

sarahx

Guest RandC

Sarah - open the wine quick! - the sun has definitely gone down over the yard arm! Ha-ha can't remember what the sun looks like. It is sooooo depressing and I'm cold as well. I'm sooo fed up with the kids being stuck indoors. At least you won't have to go through this again next year!

Keep smiling - not long to go now ;)

Cari x

Guest jen&ian

Yep- the rain is officially RUBBISH, I think someone up there knows I was due for two summers this year and just thought Ha Ha :P.

Everytime there's a break in it I chuck the kids shoes on and send them out, one minute later they're back again:mad:.We are all going stir crazy. Cari your suggestion of a bottle of wine is duely noted and seconded by me.

Jen;)

Guest dglamoore

It has been raining here but not like the uk. Got up this morning to drizzle and mist but now at lunchtime it is lovely and warm, blue skies and sun is shining ;) Love these aussie winters - today was forecast cloudy but this is our sky at the mo - so shows their is light at the end of the tunnel for those in uk.

winterone.jpg

wintertwo.jpg

Fingers crossed it will be drier here for you when you arrive

Lisa:cool:

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Thanks for those pictures Lisa!

Don't know whether you've made me feel better or worse though.:confused:

We finally got round to booking flights last night to come for a reccie on 23rd August so at least that is keeping me smiling.:D

Plan on putting the house on the market while we are away so I don't really want it to be too hot as for the next 7 weeks I will be finishing some decorating, trying to make the garden look nice and cleaning/tidying all in the hope of making a few more pounds.

Rachel

hi sarah,did your visa only take 4 months then?is it a regional sir 495?tracy.guarteed it rains at 3pm!!!!!

Hi Tracy...yes, we are on a SIR495...took 4 months from when we put the application in....would have been quicker, but it was over christmas and we had to pay a £40k bond, which took about 3 weeks to sort out.

LISA...those photos are gorgeous...!

Sarahx

Guest sarah

:DIts true, you will be here soon & loving it when it rains , cos you know that that fabulous blue sky will be showing through the clouds again very very soon! ;)

Guest JPT07

I've just bought myself a lovely pair of flip flops today, god knows why!!!! (as it is still raining this evening) but after seeing your WINTER photo's Lisa, I think I'll keep them for the Adelaide weather.

Guest mOZzy
I've just bought myself a lovely pair of flip flops today, god knows why!!!!

at least your shoes wouldn't get wet .. only your feet ;):P

Guest Guest75
I've just bought myself a lovely pair of flip flops today, god knows why!!!! (as it is still raining this evening) but after seeing your WINTER photo's Lisa, I think I'll keep them for the Adelaide weather.

They are called Thongs over here :P

Guest ralph n bev

Those pictures are lovely,

hope its like that when we come over for the reccie in September.

Its actually been snowing in london and settled today. July........

Our 12 year old has gone to flamingo land as an end of term treat with school, so hope it doesnt rain over there today.

Hope it stays fine this weekend cos were taking the caravan to York Fri to Sun !!

Might end up bobbing down the Ouse!!

Bev:)

Hi

I've just read on another forum that Adelaide has a severe weather warning in place because of strong winds and abnormally high tides. They even said that parts of Glenelg were flooded. Seems like weather is weird just about everywhere at the moment! :confused:

Wendy

Guest Django
7_3_101v.gif

This is one from my window @ 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 well you get the idea.

I know how you feel Ali. Its Jack's sports day next week. He was in the egg and spoon and three legged races. Now he's in the coxless fours and the synchronized swimming.:o;)

Pete

Guest ali@51

hahaha Like that 1. Joey might be joing your Jack sportsday(infants) was suposed to be last mon cancled same tue wed cant see it happening this week Megs(juniors) ? this mon I am begining to wonder if they will get done. Ah well hay ho just off to get joey from football 7_3_208.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Guest dglamoore

wow what a difference in the weather now - we were on a severe weather alert yesterday and had to batton down everything movable last night so it did not blow away!!!

Still got blue skies this morning but very very windy :rolleyes:

Lisa:cool: