Look what fell off the garage door, onto my head and ran down my neck...

HEAPS GOOD !!!

omg! Have you seen many spiders since you have been there? What about the snakes??

Thanks Jackie and Del

ps. We're not chickens - honest!! lol

We have seen a few spiders.....White Tails and Redbacks...in fact we had the biggest Redback that i have ever seen in our garage the other day....he felt the FORCE.:biglaugh:

We had a Big White Tail clamber over us whilst we were asleep, it woke us both up....and it felt the force big time.

We have also had a couple of huntsmen these are top spiders and we leave these well alone.

:err:

WOW! That's very scary looking!!!!!!!! might cause some damage to the loo if we have to flush those monsters!!!!

dnt flush these guys they get the sole lol.

dnt flush these guys they get the sole lol.

Us girls were just discussing spiders the other night - the concensus of opinion was that you don't stamp on a huntsman - mainly because they may well be carrying hundreds of little tiny baby spiders on their back, which then run everywhere! Try stamping on that many at once!

Guest Libby1971

If that thing had run onto my OHs head, he'd still be running. I might have a decent chance of finding him about a week on Tuesday when the terror stopped propelling him towards English shores.

Guest cazzie
If that thing had run onto my OHs head, he'd still be running. I might have a decent chance of finding him about a week on Tuesday when the terror stopped propelling him towards English shores.

Libby, this had me in hysterics! Thank you! Let's hope it never happens..

I did come running into the house and swinging my t shirt round my head.....and all Kat said was whats up with you....i crapped meself.:huh:

Guest kangomik

is that not a huntsman? i am only going off the legs and colours. We have a few around the house at the moment, but leave them well alone................. just incase your wondering why people leave huntsmen, its because they eat red backs and white tips........ they are jumping spiders by the way, but are very placid..... fast but placid.

Loads of red backs around in the small form at the moment around the garden. We had a big one in the house suspended right in the middle of the kitchen/dinning room. She was not happy when we caught her. very game. so squish em! they are small and quite pretty but will make you crook.

Odd white tip, i have two marks on my legs which i thought were mozzie bites, i now reckon 4 months later it was a white tip at night. The sores will not heal properly.

No snakes as yet, but we used to keep snakes so i have no real fear of these or major concern with the kids. they know these are not pets.

Guest GIPSY

OMG - just cancelled the flights ;)

Seriously though, I have a real phobia of spiders as I am sure many do - even my hubbie didn't like the look of that one.

I have made him promise to barrier spray the whole house when we arrive! Or we may even get the Ozzie Mozzie people in if they can keep spiders out!!!

Urgh - I have goose pimps at the thought of coming across one of those - yes I know I am soft, but that thing is damn ugly!

Guest kangomik

LOL@ spray..... their legs are so big they just step over the spray.

I need spiderman homework, check my hunts from wolfs.... to be honest i don't look that closely. if it aint got a blotch on its back i tend to leave.

Guest delnjax
OMG - just cancelled the flights ;)

Seriously though, I have a real phobia of spiders as I am sure many do - even my hubbie didn't like the look of that one.

I have made him promise to barrier spray the whole house when we arrive! Or we may even get the Ozzie Mozzie people in if they can keep spiders out!!!

Urgh - I have goose pimps at the thought of coming across one of those - yes I know I am soft, but that thing is damn ugly!

My feelings exactly. Don't know how we will cope with them when we come over. We are such wimps lol. :confused:

Guest countdown1975

Oh my God,

I think if something like that landed on me I'd drop dead on the spot! Am getting worried now about the spiders. When we first thought about moving to Oz I was constantly thinking about spiders and dreaming about them. Then I started to get ok and now I am worrying again especially when people say about the white tails crawling over them when asleep.

Think I will be sleeping in a net! Is it really that bad? Is there anything you can do to prevent them coming in the house - like sprays or a sonic plug in like you can get for mice?

Vicki

Guest The Pottertons

I love all these beastie pics.......i could stare at them for ages!!!!!!! Im such a wierdo!! lol. On our reccie we looked really hard but nothing...nada. Was really disappionted, had my camera at the ready all the time but they did a no show!! I am actually quite squeamish seeing them in the flesh and im sure my eagerness to find one was an attempt at therapisasion!!! (im sure thats not actually a word but hey!) Id rather find it than it find me i guess!! Yvonne x

Oh no you lot are really scaring me now... Really is ther anything you can do to prevent them? I know just leave them and they will leave you but what about the kids. My son is sucker for finding things and playing with them etc.

It has really put me off.....

I wouldn't worry that much, we have been here for 4 months and have seen nothing. In fact I am a bit worried that I have seen nothing yet as will probably jump out of my skin when we finally do see something!!!

How old is your son? Just make clear to him that he can look but not touch.