We are so excited to be coming to Adelaide and thought I'd jot a few things down to remind me why we are leaving...
Things I will not miss when I leave London:
- Commuting on the tube every day, particularly when Chelsea are playing at home
- A 2 hour round trip to get to the office (3 hours for OH)
- Wearing flip flops (sorry thongs) to work in this nice weather and coming home with black feet (nice)
- Rubbish everywhere, even when there are bins nearby
- Stepping in chewing gum
- Being constantly harassed for money from beggars, drunks
- Feeling intimidated by gangs of hoodies
- Bank Holiday rain and traffic jams
- Grey, dull days with/without rain
- Miserable people
- Paying extortionate rent for a house despite us both having good jobs
- Not being able to afford to buy a house
- Too many cars
- Too many people
Things I will miss when I leave London:
Things to look forward to in Adelaide:
- My parents (although they hope to join us in a couple of years)
- My work colleagues Ė I couldnít ask for a better working environment
- The sounds of birds tweeting on a summer morning (Australian birds squawk donít they)?
- Going to the odd game at Anfield
Need I go on?
- A new start for me and my family
- A better way of life
- Sand between our toes on a daily basis
- Blue sky and sunshine
- Welcome rain
- Happy, friendly people
- Wine regions virtually on our doorstep!
Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (age 3, almost 4) x
Flights booked 29 June