One for the mum's

julie-ruth

I'm always trying hard to stay positive about our move to Australia, but this morning I woke up feeling completly down and depressed, even to the point as I washed up this morning I looked out of the window and said it out aloud without thinking in front of the family, fortunately everyone was watching Tv and didn't take any notice, thought to myself its probably I'm tired I've worked hard this week and done a lot of driving around, last night hadn't helped when my thirteen year old daughter blew up at me and her dad said she was miserable and wants to go home but we managed to cheer her up before she went to bed.

So after I dropped my kids of at school I thought I'd go somewhere different to shop today as its my day off, and try and shake of that low feeling, as I was shopping I ran into another mum I know from up the school who is English and been here four and a half years got chatting and went for a coffee, I vented a lot of my woe's to her and because she had already been there could completely understand where I was coming from and so encouraging for the future, it was great it's what I was missing just a coffee with a friend.

Isn't Australia amazing...

Julie

Guest redfoxy
I'm always trying hard to stay positive about our move to Australia, but this morning I woke up feeling completly down and depressed, even to the point as I washed up this morning I looked out of the window and said it out aloud without thinking in front of the family, fortunately everyone was watching Tv and didn't take any notice, thought to myself its probably I'm tired I've worked hard this week and done a lot of driving around, last night hadn't helped when my thirteen year old daughter blew up at me and her dad said she was miserable and wants to go home but we managed to cheer her up before she went to bed.

So after I dropped my kids of at school I thought I'd go somewhere different to shop today as its my day off, and try and shake of that low feeling, as I was shopping I ran into another mum I know from up the school who is English and been here four and a half years got chatting and went for a coffee, I vented a lot of my woe's to her and because she had already been there could completely understand where I was coming from and so encouraging for the future, it was great it's what I was missing just a coffee with a friend.

Isn't Australia amazing...

Julie

What a lovely warm hearted post !! Sounds like a dose of home sickness !!

Be good to yourslef xx

We have been here nearly 2 years now,and have just said goodbye to some very good friends who have gone back to the UK and we are missing their friendship already, so if ever you fancy a coffee and chat, we are just acroos the road in Redwood Park.

Wendy