Craft beer (and food!) in the city this weekend:

I can think of a lot worse ways to spend a weekend!

I don't drink too much beer (anymore!) but loved my visits to breweries when I went to Tassie.

At the Hobart food and wine expo I tried a few local brews and was impressed. They maybe did start to taste better after a few though! :smile:

Anyone going to this?

[h=1]Adelaide to toast its craft beer at food and beer affair in Light Square this weekend 30 local brews[/h]November 19, 2015 2:57pmStephanie TimotheouThe City reporterThe City

cc6c5dd1c76964868aebb75eb23fdc6e?width=650Fork on the Road event organiser Joe Noone and Prancing Pony owner and head brewer Frank Samson in front of the Chimichurri food truck in Light square. Picture: Mike BurtonBEER lovers will be able to taste their way through more than 30 local brews when Crafty Beer Fork takes over Light Square this Friday, November 20.

The Fork on the Road event will host 13 breweries and some of Adelaide’s favourite food trucks.

Event organiser Joe Noone says this is the first time Fork on the Road will host an event with a strong focus on beer.

“So many of our craft breweries have been recognised with awards interstate and

internationally,” Noone says.

“To combine artisan brews with the unique flavours of our high quality street eateries is a match

index&domain=adelaidenow.com.au

made in foodie heaven.”

Brands on offer will include Prancing Pony, Vale Brewing, PirateLife and Big Shed Brewing Co. which also produces an apple and cherry cider.

Visitors to the Square will also be able to hear live music by musicians More & More, Sean Russ, PNKFME, Lazer Blades and The Oscillators, as well as interact with the producers.

Food rescue charity OzHarvest will be accepting donations of non-perishable food items.

Visitors are encouraged to bring canned goods to help support the not-for-profit organisation.

Crafty Beer Fork, Light Square, Friday, November 20, 5pm-10pm. Free entry. Details: forkontheroad.com.au

If you're in the city for this, Leigh Street also has over a dozen Coonawarra Wineries down for an event this evening too, from 4:30pm

Drop by Leigh Street in Adelaide's West End and join over a dozen #Coonawarra wineries for a fun evening on November 20 from 4.30pm.

Free entry, $5 commemorative glass to keep, and wine sold by the glass or bottle by each 'cellar door'.

Penley Estate, Balnaves of Coonawarra, Raidis Estate, Whistle Post Wine,The Blok Estate Coonawarra, Katnook Coonawarra, Parker Coonawarra Estate, Banks Thargo Wines, DiGiorgio Family Wines, Majella Wines,Redman Wines, Rymill Coonawarra, and Zema Estate Wines will be there to get your weekend off to a terrific start!

(This is why I always say it's great to live somewhere with easy public transport into and out of the city!! I adore the OBahn.... :-))