Naturopath - any recommendations?

minkyme29

Guest soggy
I am looking into getting an allergy test and treatment for frequent headaches and migraines. I am in Hallett Cove and am keen to find a Naturopath or Nutritional Therapist nearby...any recommendations?

Hi,

can't help on the naturopath front but have you seen a doctor ?, headaches if frequant and bad need checking out!!!!:)(I know from experience)

Simon

Thanks Simon...I am going to the doc next Monday. I come from a family of migraine sufferers so am used to having them on and off but not as frequently as they have been lately. Years ago I went to the doc about them and all they could do was prescribe heavy duty pain killers that would make me so drowzy that I decided to steer clear of them. Quite often it's hard to know what's causing the headaches and although pain killers help in the short term, I am looking for some help with diagnosing the cause and possible natural treatment of such. I suspect I will have to cut out certain well known trigger foods, such as chocolate (yikes!) and caffeine. :arghh:

One of my colleagues suffered terribly from migraines was told to cut out wheat, dairy and sugar. She sticks to it - no headaches, is better for a while so forgets - migraines back in all their glory. Worth a try.

One of my colleagues suffered terribly from migraines was told to cut out wheat, dairy and sugar. She sticks to it - no headaches, is better for a while so forgets - migraines back in all their glory. Worth a try.

Thanks for sharing Zoot - it's always good to hear other people experiences. I have just today decided to cut out choc (not easy i can tell you!) and caffeine...but sugar and wheat is tricky - biscuits are too hard to ignore! Having said that I'd rather feel well and be migraine free.