• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 12 of 12
    Like Tree5Likes

    Thread: Doctors & Dentists on 475 Visa

    1. #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
      Poster is on a 475 visa which is different than the 457. Regardless of which if you are a UK national (including visitors) you are covered by reciprical medicare.


      Edit: Nora Battie you just beat me to it!!!!!
      oops miss typed the visa number and i have now been told you will qualify although now you have to have private cover as from sept this year

    2. #12
      From a GP perspective.....if your from the UK a reciprocal agreement exists between both heath care systems so register with medicare (look on internet for nearest office but one in Nourunga shopping centre) to access NHS style service, you can top up privately as per the UK system too. Unlike the UK you can walk into any GP surgery and ask for an appointment so it pays to use a few surgeries for acute illness so you can be seen asap, but centralize your chronic problems with one as it is easier for the GP (me!!) and yourselves to organise on-going care, but shop around. A lot will bulk bill so the patient pays nothing or next to nothing, many will charge also.
      My personal fav is Trinity medical centre in Seaford but thats 'cos i work here....... :-)


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums