UV Protection Swimwear for Kids

Guest The Dimmocks

Guest The Dimmocks

Not sure if this is in the right place so here goes.

We coming over in Feb next year :) and wanted to get the kids some UV protected swimwear. Been looking on websites and just wondered how it is priced over there? Having 3 little ones it working out about nearly £100, I know they need it but if we can get it a little cheaper over there then we will wait till we get there.

Cheers Michelle

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi Michelle, we used to buy our girls the all in one swim/sun suits for asda/tescos, might be worth asking if they have any old stock in the back i think the cost are around £10 only part that shows are the head, hands and feet.

Target sell a good range for babies or young children, about $20-$25 a set at the moment but can be cheaper when discounted or in the end of season sales.

Cancer Council prices are a little dearer, but they also have a good selection and wider range.

i agree with above - but also add that you will need more than one a season if you have a pool or plan lots of days at the beach. We've been here just 3 weeks - 3 kids all day almost everyday in and out of pool and they are already breaking down. You have to be extra careful about rinsing chlorine etc out and not leaving them too long out in the sun. If you can get old ones from tescos or next, bring them but appreciate you're shopping in the wrong season!

Liz

Not sure if this is in the right place so here goes.

We coming over in Feb next year :) and wanted to get the kids some UV protected swimwear. Been looking on websites and just wondered how it is priced over there? Having 3 little ones it working out about nearly £100, I know they need it but if we can get it a little cheaper over there then we will wait till we get there.

Cheers Michelle

Just to add to the others, I agree that you'll need a few and if they join the Surf life saving club, then you have to buy theirs - think your eldest is two young

Make sure you get yourself some as well - they're called rashies over here for good reason. The board shorts are also good as they cover your legs a fair way down.

Bet you can't wait:)

Cooler

Guest The Dimmocks

We been looking in the shops, some have them in the sales but typically never have the sizes we want. Will have a good look round and see if I can get a couple over here before we leave and then get some more when we arrive. Will wait and see what the Jan sales bring out as they sometimes have summer stuff. We been looking at shoes for kids as well, but as wrong season again hard to find light ones. Didn't want to risk buying the wrong sizes in the summer as their feet still growing. Will probably get a pair of trainers and then get some sandles when we get there. Me on the other hand have sandles coming out my ears.

Thanks all

Michelle

We been looking in the shops, some have them in the sales but typically never have the sizes we want. Will have a good look round and see if I can get a couple over here before we leave and then get some more when we arrive. Will wait and see what the Jan sales bring out as they sometimes have summer stuff. We been looking at shoes for kids as well, but as wrong season again hard to find light ones. Didn't want to risk buying the wrong sizes in the summer as their feet still growing. Will probably get a pair of trainers and then get some sandles when we get there. Me on the other hand have sandles coming out my ears.

Thanks all

Michelle

Have you got a Decathlon nearby, they can have stuff in the watersports section.

Cooler

Guest The Dimmocks
Just to add to the others, I agree that you'll need a few and if they join the Surf life saving club, then you have to buy theirs - think your eldest is two young

Make sure you get yourself some as well - their called rashies over here for good reason. The board shorts are also good as they cover your legs a fair way down.

Bet you can't wait:)

Cooler

I have seen some websites where they called rashies.

We can't wait now getting excited. Just want to get there.

Guest The Dimmocks
Hi michelle, just done a quick search on e-bay and theres loads to choose from at half decent prices

take a look

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=sun+suits&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that

We had a quick look on e-bay last night. Will have a good look tonight and buy some as from what people said we going to need a fair few.

Thanks again