2 swine or not 2 swine.....

Guest clare

Guest clare

well 2 swine flu jab, or 2 not swine flu jab........

coming out in june, eldest daughter asmatic an hubby is too been offerd it here on nhs but unsure what to do any 1 get any advice????:confused:

Guest wijaya

Hi there

I've got my job last week, swine flu, flu jab and this week, pneumonia jab. It was rather unexpectedly. I went to see my GP for my BP reading, and he offered me the jabs, because I got a little bit asthma as well. I took the jabs, thinking that protection is better than not. Also we are going to KL and Adelaide next week for visa validation. The minus thing was I got a swollen shoulder and fever overnight.

Regards

sw

Guest soggy

coming out in june, eldest daughter asmatic an hubby is too been offerd it here on nhs but unsure what to do any 1 get any advice????:confused:

i'd give it a couple of weeks and see what this years panpanic is going to be.:)

Simon

Guest Guest5035

Just had mine through work, the side effects are horrible though..................................

my wife looked attractive went i got home:biglaugh:

Stevo

Guest karyn1

Hi!

I have been offered the swine flu jab for my 2 children who are under 5's, and I have put it off twice already as I'm still unsure whether it's the right thing to do. They have no other health issues. A friend of mine had the jab and was in bed for days with flu like symptoms! :skeptical:

Guest hel&sam

i only had it cos i work in a hospital and come into contact with it. at least if the kids came down with it i wouldnt feel guilty for giving it to them, had a sore arm for a day or so but that was it, dont know anyone who was poorly with it and most of our department had it.

Guest kangomik
Just had mine through work, the side effects are horrible though..................................

my wife looked attractive went i got home:biglaugh:

Stevo

Blimey crikey i get mine in 12 days time, maybe i should book a room:wubclub:

• 4 weeks later...

I've never met any adult who has had a reaction to the jab that is anywhere near as awful as having the 'flu itself.

Unfortunately Australia is full of people who think thay know what influenza is like, because they refer to every Upper Chest Infection as "a touch of the 'flu".

Seriously-why wouldn't you get the jab?

JB

Guest nishman

I think if you've got "other medical issues", e.g. asthma, the flu jab is the way to go. My missus had the old H1N1 last year and it knocked her for six - it particularly affects the respitory system.

On the flip side, none of our family have any "chest related medical issues" and did not have the jab last year. My OH was the only one in the house to get swine flu.

As such, having run the gauntlet last year, I will not be taking up the offer of the flu jab again this year at work. I'll save it for when I'm more "at risk", and let the old immune system take the front line again this year.

I've never met any adult who has had a reaction to the jab that is anywhere near as awful as having the 'flu itself.

....Seriously-why wouldn't you get the jab?

to put it another way:

even if you are convinced that your children are likely to die if they have a 'flu vaccine.....what parent wouldn't risk having a side- reaction to having the jab themselves?

-Especially if it means avoiding full- blown influenza: because that means putting your children at the very real risk of picking up the infection,within the home.

JB :v_SPIN:

....Seriously-why wouldn't you get the jab?

JB:v_SPIN:

John, my post was in response to Karyn who is undecided about whether or not to get the vaccination for her children.

As to why I wont be having the vaccination : I dont have long term chest disease/asthma/coad. I dont have heart, kidney or liver disease. I've never had a stroke, I dont have diabetes nor am I immunosurpressed.

My family and I are healthy, have never had flu jabs and have never had the flu. I actually believe that our own immune system can cope with sniffles/colds, I didn't panic with bird flu, and i'm not worrying over the swine flu that may or may not reach pandemic proportions this year.

I'm also concerned that the vaccination was available within a very short time of this strain being confirmed. i think more research should be done.

My opinion only and i'm sure there are many people that have had the vaccination and not suffered any side effects.