Having a baby on a 475

coolerking

I was just about to congratulate you :jiggy:

As far as I know NO my friend arrived preg and had baby at Flinders Public and has not paid for anything as far I know.

I am sure there a few who have done this so you will get some replies.

Michelle

Thanks Michelle, I hope that is the case.

Four is more than enough for us:)

Cooler

Guest Diana

I was looking for same info.If I understood correctly, then ,if you have private health insurance for more than 12 months , you should be fine.I mean insurance will cover it.(the hospital stay).

I hope the wife does not read this thread as she is desperately wanting a baby, but my excuse is we cannot afford to have a baby with being on the 475 visa and being 40 and 39 we are too old.

Get her a kitten instead.... (or a dog...or a rat....)!!

If you do a search for having a baby or something, it should bring up some relevant threads, as I know a couple of people have detailed their experiences before.

We were on a temp visa and it cost me less than $250 to have my baby (including C-Section) This cost was so high as I had gestational diabetes and you have to pay towards test strips and insulin.

I would ring your GP and check how much it will cost for ongoing care, they may bulk bill for that? I went hospital route as was classed high risk, but whilst care is fine, parking etc can be a pain in the ass!

Guest familygood

Hi, I am Michelles friend who had a baby 6 weeks ago on 475. We did not need private insurance for ANYTHING - apart from Ambulance cover just in case though didnt use it. I had full midwifery care in the comunity hospital near my house, consultant appts, tests, scans, then a planned section and didnt pay for any of it. After care is also covered. I emailed Medicare before we landed to make sure and they told me it was all covered as it is medically necessary treatment. Might have scuppered our plans otherwise!! And it was excellent care and much better than our last experince in UK!!

Good luck!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Max_vn
Hi, I am Michelles friend who had a baby 6 weeks ago on 475. We did not need private insurance for ANYTHING - apart from Ambulance cover just in case though didnt use it. I had full midwifery care in the comunity hospital near my house, consultant appts, tests, scans, then a planned section and didnt pay for any of it. After care is also covered. I emailed Medicare before we landed to make sure and they told me it was all covered as it is medically necessary treatment. Might have scuppered our plans otherwise!! And it was excellent care and much better than our last experince in UK!!

Good luck!!

hi

Today my wife took a test by herself and the good news is that we already have a baby:jiggy:. But we are on 475 visa, no medicare and no private health insurance. We are so worry about the cost. So can you please show me how to register with a community hospital with free charge like you?

Thank a lot