Can anyone recommend an Orthodontist

Guest cdchats

Guest cdchats

We have just relocated to Aldinga Beach and looking for a recommendation of an Orthodontist in the Southern Subs or City for my 15 year old.

I know that I could probably 'google' but would prefer a recommendation.

Yes I can recommend a very good one. We took a second opinion from Dr Kate Allen, Orthodontist in Unley. The address is 330 Unley Road Hyde Park SA 5061. Tel: 81722122.

The first one we saw on Kensington Road was about to try to take us for a ride with our 8YO; I was suspicious, asked my (very good) dentist for another referral for a second opinion, and he recommended Kate Allen. She was fantastic. Amazing with my children (esp the one in the chair!), wasn't out to take advantage, and was very very good when discussing our options and choices concerning our care. I can't fault it. She is definitely the one we will go with.

Yes I can recommend a very good one. We took a second opinion from Dr Kate Allen, Orthodontist in Unley. The address is 330 Unley Road Hyde Park SA 5061. Tel: 81722122.

The first one we saw on Kensington Road was about to try to take us for a ride with our 8YO; I was suspicious, asked my (very good) dentist for another referral for a second opinion, and he recommended Kate Allen. She was fantastic. Amazing with my children (esp the one in the chair!), wasn't out to take advantage, and was very very good when discussing our options and choices concerning our care. I can't fault it. She is definitely the one we will go with.

is it costly at the dentist-and orthodontist in australia ?

I'd say you need private health cover - it's ok with that... No way we'd do orthodontist without it although for teenagers I think there's a medicare route (poss more restrictive in treatment choices, but we aren't there yet). All mine are going to need orthodontist work but we are waiting till we are out of our year waiting period before we go ahead with DS1's first stage of treatment - which Kate Allen was really understanding about. The other mob were moneygrabbing (imho!!).

Guest Nick11

Depends on what you need. My daughter had had a mouth brace and then braces and bands. Will take about 3 years to correct. The cost was somewhere in the $6000 mark.. she goes to orthodontist about 6 times a year and anything that goes wrong they correct for the one off price.

We use Simon Freezer in Morphett Vale. Excellent guy.. but he has a long waiting list as he's so good.

Sounds a lot, but private healthcare covers $2000 of it and the rest is claimed back on our tax..so it works out at about $3000.

Forgot to say the only way down the medicare route for orthodontics is if your child is disabled or suffers from some illness that causes problems in the mouth. I knew someone who put their name down on the list and was told to do the lottery..as they stood more chance of winning it than getting orthodontic work on medicare!!!! The child is now in her late 20s!!!!!

• 3 years later...
Guest tramtron
Depends on what you need. My daughter had had a mouth brace and then braces and bands. Will take about 3 years to correct. The cost was somewhere in the $6000 mark.. she goes to orthodontist about 6 times a year and anything that goes wrong they correct for the one off price.

We use Simon Freezer in Morphett Vale. Excellent guy.. but he has a long waiting list as he's so good.

Sounds a lot, but private healthcare covers $2000 of it and the rest is claimed back on our tax..so it works out at about $3000.

Forgot to say the only way down the medicare route for orthodontics is if your child is disabled or suffers from some illness that causes problems in the mouth. I knew someone who put their name down on the list and was told to do the lottery..as they stood more chance of winning it than getting orthodontic work on medicare!!!! The child is now in her late 20s!!!!!

hello i want to c dr simon freezer too. Any good feeback? Has your daughter taken off her braces?

Guest lollypops1

I wouldnt use simon freezer again. When we first moved over my daughters brace was nearly ready to come off. A year later she still has it. The problem is he has too many patients and therfore doesnt see his patients as often as he should. He leaves you for 3 months unseen!!

Guest tramtron
I wouldnt use simon freezer again. When we first moved over my daughters brace was nearly ready to come off. A year later she still has it. The problem is he has too many patients and therfore doesnt see his patients as often as he should. He leaves you for 3 months unseen!!

thanks for your reply

Oh apart from having to wait for long

how is your daughter teeth now?

Is it straight and good.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carlislecaz

Dr richard salmon is great, heis based in the city but has surgerys at hallet cove and woodcroft.. He's done a great job with my daughters teeth.. Very happy :)