under active thyroid

Guest tootall74

Guest tootall74

hey all

my misses has got an under active thyroid,we havent had a health check yet but im getting nervey this might affect our visa, am i being daft or could there be a chance oz could refuse our visa over this?any info would be great as it would save me having to arrange a tragic accident

Guest Jo&Phil

Haha.. assume Mrs hasn't read post yet or you're a fast runner.

Don't worry overmuch about the medical condition - if Oz said 'no' to everyone who had something wrong with them there wouldn't be anyone here. Generally it's only wildly dangerous conditions (ie: those that might aversely impact on the general health of the population) or expensive (to the state) medical conditions that can cause a blip. So 'black death and bubonic plague might be an issue but thyroid is eminently treatable. Also: you should find that the relevant drugs would be on the PBS (pharmecutical benefit scheme) meaning that medicare will underwrite costs of same but you'll pay a proportion as we do for all medical treatment (hence medical insurance is really important but affordable)