Sunscreen/daily face cream - ladies

Guest fatman

Hi there ladies!!

We are due to move over to Adelaide hopefully june/july this year (waiting for Visa),

I have just been reading some threads on SUNSCREEN, I didn't realise you apply sunscreen all year round... min 30 factor!! will keep that in mind.

We were on holiday in Mexico, I was using a separate factor 30 for face, which smelt lovely and silky to apply, loved it... I didn't bother using my usual daily face cream... wondering if this is what most of you ladies do? (would be easier AND cheaper!!) ????

Many thanks... Janis (Scotland/UK... in the usual NON SUN!!!!! :sad:

I don't use face cream anyway, so most days if I'm going to work I don't bother with anything since I'm not in the sun for more than about 5 min total in the entire day. Weekends, or if I'm going to be in the sun a little bit more at lunch time then I use a face moisturiser with SPF 30. If I'm going to the beach or going to be sweaty in the sun for any length of time more than 5min, then I'll put on the full waterproof sunscreen SPF30, that I'm less likely to sweat off. Don't forget ears, and wear a hat, burnt parting is not a good look.

Also don't forget your eyes, get decent sunnies (not necessarily expensive designer ones, but avoid ones that fade from dark to light top to bottom, and make sure they fit well so you're not getting light in around the sides.)

As I work as a Family Day Care Provider I am out alot with the kids and since being here I always use my facial moisturiser(which is from Aldi) followed by "Light Feel" daily face veil by Nivea - I am very fair skinned! as stated previously it is very important to wear a hat and sunglasses.....

BTW I do really recommend Aldis facial moisturiser(it is identical to Lancome) unfortunately we do not have Aldi here in SA so if you have one near you try it out.I have tried most facial moisturisers and I have found that Aldi comes out top....(the price is great !)

Cheers

Fiona Jackson

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

I use clinique SPF 25+ on a morning, then just add more suncream ( a cancer council one - hypoallergenic for kids as its not as greasy as some) after lunchtime. I really need it though as I'm a community nurse driving big govvy cars in the scorching heat!!!! My arms take more of the sun than anything, you've got to try to cover up too, not just use sunscreen.:daydreaming:

Thanks for our reply and advice.... Yes we have a Aldi nr us.... is the Moisturiser you rec a particular kind.... does it have a sun factor in it???

Many thanks, Janis

As I work as a Family Day Care Provider I am out alot with the kids and since being here I always use my facial moisturiser(which is from Aldi) followed by "Light Feel" daily face veil by Nivea - I am very fair skinned! as stated previously it is very important to wear a hat and sunglasses.....

BTW I do really recommend Aldis facial moisturiser(it is identical to Lancome) unfortunately we do not have Aldi here in SA so if you have one near you try it out.I have tried most facial moisturisers and I have found that Aldi comes out top....(the price is great !)

Cheers

Fiona Jackson

Hi Fiona!!

Think I put my reply in wrong box!!

Yes we have an Aldi here nr by, I will certainly go look out the Moisturiser, is it a certain type/name or do they only have the one Moisteriser?... also, does it have a sunscreen in it?... the "Light Feel" daily veil by Nivea, haven't seen that one, but will have a look! thanks again, Janis :cute: