Attention Pregnant women!!

Guest LucinaKirsty

Guest LucinaKirsty

Hi there!

My name is Kirsty, and I am a new student and Flinders University studying Midwifery!

As part of my 3 year degree I am required to find 20 pregnant women and provide them with continuity of care! To do this I need to go to a few antenatal appointments/classes, be present at the birth and attend a post natal check up!

If anybody out these is considering having a student midwife please contact me and I would love to chat to you about it!

I understand that having a baby is a very personal time for some women and families so it might not be for everyone, but if you do decide to have one then I feel you would get that extra support, a person who understands your needs and someone who is able to advocate those needs during intense moments like labor.

If women haven't been able to get a place in group practice, they will more than likely see a a different midwife for each appointment and during the birth, so having a student midwife will mean that you have that friendly face and support each step of the way. It would be entirely up to the woman as to how involved they would like their student midwife to be. Any opportunity for a student midwife to be part of a woman's pregnancy experience is valuable as there's always something to learn! You never know you might just learn some extra stuff too along the way :)

Please consider having a student midwife, and if it's something you are interested in then send me a message.

Thank you for reading

Kirsty

• 4 weeks later...