Recommendations for good dentists and doctors in Adelaide?

suzer

Guest salisbury massive

Hi Suzer

Do you have an idea where you will be living. Adelaide is a sprawling mass of suburbs, no point me recommending you a doc in the North East if you are living in Aldinga Beach.You do not need to register with a doctor or dentist here. You can pick and choose especially with the doctors as some bulk bill (you don't pay anything) and some you pay and have to claim the money back from Medicare.

I have tried 3 different practices in 2 1/2 years and have finally settled on one in Surrey Downs. There is about 10 different doctors and they stay open till 8pm some nights. One doctor i went to used a diagnostic programme on her computer, she typed in the symptoms and then told me the potential problem. Needless to say I didn't go back there.

Jo

PS. I've got cousins living in Dunedin and Invercargil

• 3 months later...
Guest Rob and Clare

Hi Susan,

only been to the Doc's once and I wasn't over impressed with the Mawson Lakes Doctors, but never been to another one to know if it's any good, they did bulk bill though...

I do go to the Macintyre Dental Clinic, i think it's in Para hills, so not that far away... But with LCD tv in the ceiling to watch while you lay there, and the dentist / hygenist's i've seen are TOPS, i even enjoy going there now... Better than my butcher from Birmingham, he never even worn a mask...

Not sure if this helped...

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Rob and Clare

I recently had a crown replaced and it would have cost just over $1000, but the insurance with Mutual Community paid $800 off that total as it was a preffered dentist.