The snip

Guest Weez

As much as i would love to go on and on having more kiddies money and age are unforunately both running out!!! soooooo who out of you dashing young men have had a vasectomy here, who with, how much did it cost and was the job done properly???we have been on one site that says "save the surgeon time and shave your scrotum before arrival"....sounds a bit like Dr Nick from the simpsons!!:wacko:

LOL!! have you heard how much he moans about his balls??? i'm not letting him anywhere near Ben, im sure we will start getting the wind up texts from him as soon as he reads this!!

Guest Guest5035

its so easy mate, just see your doc, if you are in no rush do it on medicare, day surgery at the rah, you'll walk like john wayne for a few days, but you'll be right, yes it does work, so far 17 years:biggrin:

stevo

Guest Squareman

I've had it done. Took 6.5 metres of barbed wire and some grappling hooks to get the job done, but it has all turned out fine.

I had mine done in Johannesburg at a private hospital. You are in and out in a few hours and I even had a couple of beers on the same night. Pain was minimal and I didn't even take any pain medication afterwards. The only reminder I have of it, is that I can feel the little 'knots' that they make. You end up with a tiny bit of scar tissue (inside) but that's about it.

Guest The Dimmocks

My hubby had it done in UK just before we left. I dropped him off at the doctors surgery. It was christmas time so I drove round for a bit so kids could see christmas lights then went to pick him up after. He said it hurt and was painful but it didnt last long. I think the thing he didnt like the most was standing in front of the nurse naked apart from his socks and then her helping the doctor hold his little man out the way LOL. He had his sample tests done here, just went to the doctors she gave him a sample pot and he took it to the lab and results came back within a few days. He had to do another one though as still had live ones swimming round. He is now seedless :biggrin:

Hubby will probably see this later, as he has a sneaky look sometimes:biggrin:

Guest Peachie

OH had his done in a clinic at Balls road, in the wirral he said what hurt most was my jokes told him to grow a pair (that worked) and try childbirth x 2 He had his very own bag of tescos frozen peas and was fine after 2 days now he is a jaffa (seedless) and very glad we didn't have more kids now the eldest is a door slamming teen drama queen!!!!

Two guys I work with have just sorted out having it done.

One got it done on Medicare (no gap) at Victor Harbor hospital ..... under a general anaesthetic (wimp lol) ..... he was off work for a couple of days and had to avoid heavy lifting for a while. He said they now cut out a bit and bbq the ends?!?! No knots!

The other guy was having it done privately under a local anaesthetic and was quoted $300. He chickened out!

Why the guys I work with chose to share this with me I'll never know ......... I'm the only female there so I get to hear all the stuff they won't/don't/can't discuss with the other guys lol

As much as i would love to go on and on having more kiddies money and age are unforunately both running out!!! soooooo who out of you dashing young men have had a vasectomy here, who with, how much did it cost and was the job done properly???we have been on one site that says "save the surgeon time and shave your scrotum before arrival"....sounds a bit like Dr Nick from the simpsons!!:wacko:

Had the snip just overa year ago here in uk. had to have general anesthetic because i bllody go faint ay the sight of a needel , so no chance of me staying awake.. went in the morning as day patient was out early afternoon , no problems had week of work and that was it, did the shave bit before i went only to find that you dont have to. then you wait a couple of months and provide a couple of samples, no thats another story, lol

my OH had his done in uk, talk about moaning god should try to push a 8lb baby out then he would now about pain. he walked like john wayne had bruised balls needed the peas to take swelling down, would recommend you buy yourself a jock strap he said it gave really good support til swelling went down. it will also give your OH something the laugh at when you put it on.

Lisa

Guest charlie&donna

Had mine done in the UK, wasnt really that painful, worst thing was bloody Abba playing in the background-I hate Abba.

Just have to make sure that the kids/dog dont jump up onto your lap for a couple of days afterwards.

:chatterbox:

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Whoaaaaa! It's £375 to have it done private in the UK - that's with Marie Stopes (?) International, whom I'm told are also in Australia (hence the International bit, I suppose.....)

There's scalpel, or needlepoint so I understand. Tubes are cut short so they can't make contact, and yes - burn sealed. YUMMY.

You have to supply a sample +16 weeks and then +32 weeks after the event. 2 clear tests and you can hang up yer wellies, so to speak. So it's 8 months before you can go bareback - so don't be thinking you can lose the latex anytime soon.

It literally is "a snip" at $165 though - might think about it upon arrival. I chickened out here because we fly in a couple of weeks and I'd have to have provided samples in Oz, and my little swimmers would all be circling in the wrong direction........

Guest ebstar

my oh had his done in the Uk and yes it worked (9 yrs now).The nurse walked in and said lay back and think of England er perhaps not.It was 2 days after we lost the world cup.There was a bonus though as i got to go in and watch he he he. Only fair really as he had watched me in agony having our 3 kiddies. The kids kept asking why daddy was walking funny!

Guest Nick11

Okay gentlemen this may hurt.........hubby has had it done TWICE!!!!!!!

No kidding...so make sure you take your samples back otherwise you may be hearing the sound of tiny feet and consulting a divorce lawyer!!!!

Guest Damien
LOL!! have you heard how much he moans about his balls??? i'm not letting him anywhere near Ben, im sure we will start getting the wind up texts from him as soon as he reads this!!

I ony get problems with my left one, the other is ok! Just remember me not being able to step onto a crate....:arghh:

I'm sure the shaving won't be a problem, he already shaves his legs!

what took you so long Damo??? thanks for your wonderful stories everyone, i will show my hubby them with pleasure!! EEERRR Damo.....what was with the hasty....ive got to go the kids needs me when ben started to tell you all about his interesting course??? LOL you kno when we see you next you are not gonna be able to escape so quickly!!

• 1 month later...
Guest boesman

My husband had it done 3 years ago. It took less than 15 minutes from walk in and walk out. I still remember trying to find a seat with kids while waiting and haven't got to sitting down at all. He took some paracetemol beforehand and he didn't feel a thing. It was a bit tender the next day, but no pain or anything drastic. Would highly recommend it!!!!!