• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nursing ?

0 times
      Thanks for the reply, i appreciate all advice thats available, im sure i will be back with lots more questions, hope thta ok with you all.
      Thanks Kathy.

dear kathy
      normally in general ward 1 nurse is to 4 patients , but High Dependency unit is 1 is to 2 patients whereas ICU is 1 to 1.

Hi Kathy
      I worked in the royal liverpool and had a ratio of 1:8 although at least one of them should have been in HDU but never any beds the ward was very acute loads of picc and hickman lines and drains. nearly every shift was like the one you discribed!!! I got fed up and went into crit care in a high turnover surgical ICU and loved it am now in adelaide working 24hours (contacted hours) taking home more than uk on a more junior pay scale and expected to do a fraction of the work and have more educational options

now you are gona wait a year before coming over defo investigate PR visas dead easy to do online no agent required (first have to get nursing qualifications verifed ) all info on the gov website and is even quite user friendly you can even phone them did mine myself heap of forms but questions are straightforward you can save your form and do it in chunks public hossies much better to work in here x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12