Insulin - Access and Cost

Guest alan smallman

Guest alan smallman

Hi

Does anyone have any experiences regarding having access to insulin? Our eldest son (26) is an insulin-dependant diabetic and he is worried that he will find it difficult to get a supply especially if it costs shed-loads. Obviously insulin isn't something he can stock-pile before he emigrates to Oz, or indeed go without. Does any one have any info they would like to share with us? Cheers.

Alan & Pauline

Boston

Guest Tracijbc

Hi there,

I am Type II and my medication is listed on several Aussie websites as being subsidised on the PBS scheme, as it's something I can't live without. I guess Insulin would probably be the same. Why not have a look on :-

epharmacy.com.au

choice.com.au

homepharmacy.com.au

onlinepharmacy.com.au

pharmacydirect.com.au

pharmacyonline.com.au

There are also the Diabetes Australia people, who I looked up online and contacted. They are pretty helpful and there is a local Adelaide branch.

Hope this all helps.

Cheers

Traci x

Hi Alan

Diabetes Australia have helped loads of new migrants. Their national website is here:

http://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/home/index.htm

If you get the insulin and related produts via them, I think it is even cheaper than via the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. Presumably doctors in Oz are happy with these arrangements because i know that stoma care prooducts are also significantly cheaper if the patients obtain them via the Stoma Association.

Best wishes

Gill

• 7 months later...