GP and Dental advice needed.

Guest silverload

Guest silverload

Hi all

We moved to Moana two weeks ago and I have been busy trying to sort things out. Next on my list is Dental care for our 12 year old daughter. I have spoken to someone from Medibank and was not at all impressed by her pitch! Also could not find any of their providers around our area or any of the closer suburbs. I have read on here about Noble, does anyone have any experience of them? Also can anyone recommend a good GP around Moana or the closer suburbs? I understand how Dental care works over here plus the infamous waiting period but I think children are covered for basic examinations through school etc. Any advice regarding this and a good private health insurer would be greatfully appreciated.

Annette:smile:

Guest ste and cheryl

Hi Annette

We have found a very good doctors in seaford meadows. The GP's there are very professional compared to GP's we've seen at other doctors.We have a newborn baby and have been down there alot as of recent and they are really good. They have recently changed to bulk billing. There address and contact details are below. I hope this helps.

672/680 Grand Blvd

Seaford Meadows‎ SA‎ 5169

Australia

+61 8 8327 3777

Good luck

Steve

Hi

Your daughter should be able to go to the school dentist & get treatment free, we have private through BUPA but would have still cost me a few hundred dollars so she had all her treatment through the school dentist. Our son looked into Noble & went to the dentist in Glenelg but because he only needed an extraction was advised not to join through Noble & just pay private as it would cost him more with joining fees.

Tracey

Guest jorose

School Dental Service for your daughter - Free for Pension Concession or Healthcare Card Holders, otherwise there is a $40 per check up fee. If you are not a card holder but are in possession of a Teen Dental Voucher from Medicare (which you may not have due to your recent arrival) then the voucher covers a course of care within the School Dental Service with no fees payable. However, within the private sector the voucher only covers items such as examinations, x-rays & fluoride. Fillings/treatment are likely to incur a fee so best to check. It may be worth me mentioning to other readers that under 5's are free within the School Dental Service. Your local School Dental Service is based at Noarlunga. There is also one a little further afield at Marion. HTH. :biggrin:

I believe that the public hospital Emergency Depts have access to dental consultants and can also refer to the Adelaide Dental Hospital. I am not sure whether you can just go to the Dental Hospital, but they do run a special needs clinic for some cases which cannot be dealt with by dental practices.

Guest mandy.s

Hi there we are looking at coming over around August but we already know that my daughter will need train track braces when all her teeth come in, she is only 7 at the moment but we have been told that she will need a lot of work done in the dental area, what would be our best road to take on treatment for her.