Bulk billing Doctor in Glenelg

JoRed4

Guest ladyarkles

Hiya,

I go to the Gelenelg Medical Centre on Anzac Highway.

They bulk bill for M-F, but charge for Sat mornings.

There are two male doctors and a female nurse.

I have found them to be very nice and extremely helpful.

I can usually get an appt. on the same day that I call.

They are both slightly older chaps, pretty thorough and friendly.

Hope you aren't too poorly.

Rachel xx

Glenelg Medical Centre

724 Anzac Highway

Glenelg SA 5045

[TABLE=class: ts intrlu, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]08 8295 7199

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by ladyarkles
correction needed

Thank you for your reply; no I'm not poorly at all; I will be moving to Glenelg in a couple of weeks & just wanted to know if there were any bulk billing doctors in the area. Do you need to register with a doctor, the same way you do in England? I have a young baby, so just wanted to get "registered" in case anything crops up :)

Guest ladyarkles

A bulk billing doctor does not charge you on the spot.

They take your medicare details and the charge is billed directly to medicare.

Some doctors get you to pay up front and then you claim back some (or all) of the charges from Medicare, yourself.

At least that it was I have found it to mean for us, so far.

~ Rach xx

Do you need to register with a doctor, the same way you do in England? I have a young baby, so just wanted to get "registered" in case anything crops up :)

No, you don't have to register, you have complete choice of which surgery or doctor you use, subject to their availability.

Some Doctors bulk bill and that covers the full cost. Others may charge an upfront fee in addition. Some doctors, a few. will not bulk bill, but charge only the refund from Medicare. If you don't like the billing practices or even the doctors, you can easily go elsewhere.

We used the medical center situated at the junction of Morphett Road and Anzac Highway. They also have their own Car Park

This is a large practice with many Doctors and nursing support. We used Dr Vince who was really excellent. They Bulk Bill but you would almost certainly have to pay a Gap for any visit.

Yes I think I know the practise you mean; it's a large building isn't it? Please bear with my ignorance; what do you mean when you say "would almost certainly have to pay a Gap for any visit"?

We used the medical center situated at the junction of Morphett Road and Anzac Highway. They also have their own Car Park

This is a large practice with many Doctors and nursing support. We used Dr Vince who was really excellent. They Bulk Bill but you would almost certainly have to pay a Gap for any visit.

Would add to my previous reply that we found it quite difficult to find a Doctor to register with as many Doctors have full lists and will not take new patients.

We went to the Morphett medical center as a last resort, but as I have said, found them excellent, and due to the number of Doctors got accepted without any problems.

A bulk billing doctor does not charge you on the spot.

They take your medicare details and the charge is billed directly to medicare.

Some doctors get you to pay up front and then you claim back some (or all) of the charges from Medicare, yourself.

At least that it was I have found it to mean for us, so far.

~ Rach xx

Thank you Rachel, you are a life saver:smile: