Calpol or Ibuprofen

Guest Shandalina

Guest Shandalina

Hi Everyone,

Do they sell Calpol or the equivalant in Adelaide ? Calpol is the only medication that seems to work on my children when they are ill and I'd hate to think its irreplacable...

Also - are you able to pack medication in your shipping containers ?

Many thanks in advance.

Nope, not Calpol afaik. I've always taken some with us when we visit. Usually a bottle and a few sachets.

I know when we move over I plan to take a few bottles worth, also not kiddie Nurofen. Sachets also. I know it works well and we don't use it often so that should last us well till son is a bit bigger and on to big kids stuff.

And medication as in Calpol and the like? Or medication via prescription. I think you'd need to double check with your shippers but I am pretty sure you can ship stuff like Calpol and so on but not sure about prescribed meds.

Calpol is paracetomol and Calprefen is childrens ibruprofen. You can't get the Calpol brand over here but you can get children's paracetomol and ibuprofen.

I knew there was an equivalent to Calpol, but not Calpol itself. Handy to know what kids nurofen/ibruprofen is under a brand name there :)

Whenever we've been over because I've taken some with for the flight etc I've never needed to buy once there. Long term no doubt it'll be on the shopping list.

I actually wished we brought some with us as my youngest woke up one night crying with earache. Fortunately we had a couple of sachets of calpol in the cupboard that I had brought as part of a first aid box for the flight but we had to go out and buy something the day after in case it happened again. Although you can buy the stuff here it's worth taking a really good look at the instructions on the packaging before buying as they come in all sorts of flavours and lots of different strengths. In fact there is probably far more choice here than in the UK as Calpol really has the market sewn up there. We ended up buying a Chemart own brand paracetomol as that had the most sensible dosage for our two (11 and 7) and wasn't banana flavoured.

Our container has just arrived and I'd put loads of medicines in like piriton, calpol etc because we do use them and like you I know what works for ours. I declared them on the customs form as pain killers, anti-histamines and they've come through with no trouble at all. But I was browsing the PIO site the other evening and someone on there was saying how they do a "pharmacy shop" a few times a year through the one click pharmacy website and get items like these sent from the UK and at much cheaper prices than here. So you could give that a try.

You can buy Nurophen for children and ive always managed to easily find it in chemists.

I use childrens panadol for my kids as a replacement for calpol & havent had any problems. The amount of paracetamol in it is exactly the same.. both 5 ml dose contains 120mg .

The only thing I get visitors to bring over is 'medised' as I havent found anything like it here..

Guest Shandalina

Hi everyone

Many thanks for all the feedback on my query. I will buy a few bottles initially and pack in the shipping container, and then following on will order via the one click website 6 monthly as suggested by flossybeth. What a fab wesite !

• 2 months later...
Guest PixieC

Go to any pharmacist here and they can advise on any equivalent to what you are used to. Aussie children and 'precious' and they survive so even if you came with nothing they'll do ok!