Medical requirement - is this new ?

Guest Shandalina

Guest Shandalina

Hi Everyone,

Can you help - I've just been advised by my Migration Agent that we need to do the medical checks ( which I knew we had to do but at a fairly low cost from reading everyones threads ) at a cost of £695. ( Family of 4 with each adult @ £270, my 8 year old @ £ 90 and my 4 year old @ £65 ):realmad:

Apparently you need to go to an accredited doctor nominated by the Australian Migration service who does the medical checks.

We are on a Skillset 190 visa.

Is this correct ?

Many thanks in advance.

Shan

Guest bubbe2005
Hi Everyone,

Can you help - I've just been advised by my Migration Agent that we need to do the medical checks ( which I knew we had to do but at a fairly low cost from reading everyones threads ) at a cost of £695. ( Family of 4 with each adult @ £270, my 8 year old @ £ 90 and my 4 year old @ £65 ):realmad:

Apparently you need to go to an accredited doctor nominated by the Australian Migration service who does the medical checks.

We are on a Skillset 190 visa.

Is this correct ?

Many thanks in advance.

Shan

wooohooo you're almost there!!!

see link

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm#a

[h=2]Greater London[/h][h=3]Brentwood[/h]Medical and Radiology Clinic ehealth-logo-sml.gif

Spire Hartswood Hospital

Eagle Way

Brentwood Essex CM13 3LE

Telephone: +44 1277 266 749

Fax: +44 1277 234 644

Email: hw.immigrationservice@spirehealthcare.com

Doctor(s):

Dr Muneir Mohammad Khan

Dr Charlotte Elizabeth Rose

Dr Tayza Aung

Dr Jonathan Richardson

Dr Jane Horti

Dr Tay Za Aung

Dr Kim Speed

Dr Manish Shah

[h=3]Knightsbridge[/h]Medical and Radiology Clinic ehealth-logo-sml.gif

Knightsbridge Doctors

15 Basil Mansions

Basil Street, London SW3 1AP

Telephone: +44 2075 849 458

Fax: +44 2075 810 244

Email: info@knightsbridge-doctors.com

Doctor(s):

Dr Clarke

Dr Page

Dr Waters

Dr A. S. Cronje

Dr E Doeskeland

Dr Leon Stehle

Dr Michaela Schuhwerk

Dr Natasha Rennie

Medical and Radiology Clinic ehealth-logo-sml.gif

Knightsbridge Doctors (West End Branch)

4 Bentinck Mansions

12–16 Bentinck Street

London W1U 2ER

Telephone: +44 2075 849 458

Fax: +44 2075 810 244

Email: info@knightsbridge-doctors.com

Doctor(s):

Dr Clarke

Dr Page

Dr Waters

Dr A. S. Cronje

Dr Leon Stehle

Dr Michaela Schuhwerk

Dr Natasha Rennie

Dr Teng Fong

I don't know about the costs in the UK Shan but yes you will be checked by a doctor nominated by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. At least this is how I did it over here. I hope this helps:smile:

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

I don't know about the costs in the UK Shan but yes you will be checked by a doctor nominated by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. At least this is how I did it over here. I hope this helps:smile:

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Where are you living currently mate? I always assumed you were in the uk!!

Where are you living currently mate? I always assumed you were in the uk!!

Gus I've been back to Iran for a couple of years now, prior to Iran I was in Malaysia, Canada and the Uk then Japan, Iran, UK and the States. I've lived an expats life all of my days. :smile:

Figures sound about right - it's not cheap but you can shop around. It's not too bad really, chest x-ray, blood, urine samples and a check over by a doctor. And don't worry too much - I suffer from high blood pressure and on the day at the hospital it registered sky high - still went through without any referral though. Once you get this you're pretty much home and dry.

Guest Shandalina
Figures sound about right - it's not cheap but you can shop around. It's not too bad really, chest x-ray, blood, urine samples and a check over by a doctor. And don't worry too much - I suffer from high blood pressure and on the day at the hospital it registered sky high - still went through without any referral though. Once you get this you're pretty much home and dry.

Thanks TJD ! Great to find out what they do to you. I guess when you weigh up what you pay for what the eventual outcome is , it's a win/win situation. Cheers Shan

• 2 months later...
Has some of this thread been cut away because this has no bearing on the rest of the discussion?

Jim

No, what you are quoting was a spammer. The post has been deleted but you obviously quoted it before this happened.

The quoted text has been removed as per spam deletion btw :)