Good optometrist for hard contact lenses

Rabeah

My worst nightmare! (I'm too vain to wear glasses lol!) :shocked:

I used National Pharmacies in Marion, if that's any help. The only problem was that I had to keep going back because the fit wasn't quite right but at least he cared enough to keep trying. If you have your last script, perhaps they could use that?

I use gas-permeable hard contact lenses and I love them. They are supposed to be healthier than soft as they are designed to float, thus allowing oxygen to the eye....but I'm no expert.

HTH,

LC

Surely hard lenses would be uncomfortable.

All contact lenses are made by about 3 or 4 manufacturers so maybe try another brand?

Thank you for this advise. I even don't know which brand I had because I bought them in Europe.

Sorry to disagree, but hard lenses are not uncomfortable if you are used to them! And even healtier in the long run. I wore soft lenses for more than 10 years and that can damage the eye because of less oxigen supply and so on...

Thanks Lazy Cow, you are absolutely right with your opinion regarding using gas-permeable lenses. Unfortunately, I don't have my old script from Europe, but I've the one for my glasses but that wouldn't help. These would be my 1st Australian gas-permeable lenses, but my 3rd ones so far. The right fit is always an issue for me. The first ones were too small and squeeszed while wearing them, the 2nd ones too wide and dropped out of my eyes while trying to put them into...Here in Australia it could only get better :smile: