Bitten by an Ant....i think...

Growler

Hi i think ive been bitten by an ant (went to sit down on a bench which was on concrete on one of the cliffs above sellicks beach), my partner said lets move i looked down there were these quite large ants everywhere so we walked away. Then i felt an itch, and saw i had a bite. 99% certain it must have been an ant. Ive took my shoe off tonight and i have quite a raised red itchy lump on my foot. Looked up ants but there are so many types of them i cant recall what they are exactly like. Question is, im due to fly tommorow back to the Uk and doubt if i can get to the doctors before then...has anyone else been bitten by an ant? Thanks for your help!

Try putting some methylated spirit on it .... that usually works, or Stop Itch from the chemist. If it was an inch ant their bites can be really nasty, but unless you are allergic all will be ok. I agree with above poster .... some anti histamine would be a good idea (and will help you sleep on the plane probably especially if you buy some phenergan OTC at the chemist).

I got bit by 3 bull ants last year the pain was horrendous my leg felt like it was on fire and if I put water on it the pain got worse, after 2 weeks of not getting any better I went to chemist they gave me antihistamine's and within a day it was so much better!!! Hope it clears up soon. Caz

Hi i think ive been bitten by an ant (went to sit down on a bench which was on concrete on one of the cliffs above sellicks beach), my partner said lets move i looked down there were these quite large ants everywhere so we walked away. Then i felt an itch, and saw i had a bite. 99% certain it must have been an ant. Ive took my shoe off tonight and i have quite a raised red itchy lump on my foot. Looked up ants but there are so many types of them i cant recall what they are exactly like. Question is, im due to fly tommorow back to the Uk and doubt if i can get to the doctors before then...has anyone else been bitten by an ant? Thanks for your help!

Well, I'm glad you popped down to Sellicks but sorry you got bitten. I've been bitten quite a few times but mozzie bites are worse for me - either way, don't scratch it. If it was an inch ant, I have friend who put their PJ's on and got bitten high up their leg and they said it hurt like mad.

Antihistamine cream may help.

Have a good trip back,

Cooler

Guest Guest75
It's all relative mate. Seen/read (Alice) Through the looking glass or Gulliver's travels.

Your sense of humour if of the large size, though :)

Cooler

It's the Terrier in me................................

• 2 months later...
Guest marcfreund636

If you have the swelling then you have to worried because it's a sign of a reaction.. I think you should go to hospital and take doctor advise... Don't aching with your hand , if you do aching then your swelling increase...