Hip dysplasia

Ashleigh

Hi I wonder if anyone can give me some ideas.

my daughter has hip dysplasia (bone isnt in the hip socket) she's having an operation to correct this on Tuesday and will be in a cast for 3 months.

I am really worried about this affecting her medical, can anyone help?

You would need to defer hers and possibly all your medicals till such time as she is able to take it fully fit.

Discuss this with your agent ASAP.

At what stage do you have your medicals, do you these need to be done before you lodge your EOI? very early days for us but were at the stage of getting everything together for my partners skills test.

At what stage do you have your medicals, do you these need to be done before you lodge your EOI? very early days for us but were at the stage of getting everything together for my partners skills test.

OK, slow down. You are the family just hired an agent right? I doubt you'll be taking your medical this early on so should have plenty of time before needing to take them. However, they are, iirc only valid for a year (as are police checks) so you don't get them done too soon else you'll be taking them again maybe.

Discuss with your agent any medical concerns. It could potentially affect visa chances if its an ongoing medical condition and they need to know about it asap to be sure they are steering your right on the visa path. Don't blind side them with this later on when you've spent thousands. Many people have medical problems or conditions and get given a visa so don't panic overly. When its time for the medicals anything like an op being done would require some paperwork being shown to the panel doctor doing the medical so they can see what is what. If its an ongoing condition requiring more treatment then you'd need letters etc from the consultant and doctors and so on supporting your case.

But really, discuss with your agent asap.

• 3 weeks later...

All 3 off our daughters have the same condition and our eldest daughter was in a cast for approximately 8 weeks and the other two were in a brace, once we had the medical we were revered and our consultant had to write a statement to explain the condition. Once that was received in Sydney it was excepted. This was in 2011 so I cant see that this condition would cause you any major problems with your application.

• 2 years later...