Gym classes

Blossom

Hi all.

Now, I'm not exactly a fitness freak, infact nowhere near.

I have a physical job but more lifting that cardio type work. I've decided that I need to get off my bum every now and again and keep my heart healthy.

To make sure I actually do it, it would have to be classes.

Can anyone recommend any gyms around the Anzac highway type of area? I was hoping to go on the way home from work, so can be a little further out.

Most of them seem to do class passes from what I can see. Goodlife does a free five day pass, and I could go to either the glenelg or the cross road one. Has anyone tried these ones?

Guest klataylor

Good life and jetts are on Anzac hwy, it depends what you are looking for. Personally I wouldn't touch a Goodlife though. Slick sales and contract you in. If you do go down that route, look on Gumtree first to see if anyone is selling out their contract. You will save something like $200 in admin fees.

Not that it's close to your area but I joined Powerhouse Gym in Churchill Rd. Body Building mainly but good staff and they set you a plan and change it as you need it, no extra cost.$50 a month.

Good life and jetts are on Anzac hwy, it depends what you are looking for. Personally I wouldn't touch a Goodlife though. Slick sales and contract you in. If you do go down that route, look on Gumtree first to see if anyone is selling out their contract. You will save something like $200 in admin fees.

Not that it's close to your area but I joined Powerhouse Gym in Churchill Rd. Body Building mainly but good staff and they set you a plan and change it as you need it, no extra cost.$50 a month.

I actually drive Churchill road every week day, so I'll look into that one.

Goodlife do do passes just for the classes which are $99 for 8 classes, that is all I would be interested in getting from them.

Ouch! Membership would be cheaper surely? I have been a member of a few gyms here, ranging from $9 - $12 per week, unlimited classes/ gym/ swim/ crèche etc. Pay as you go is so expensive.

I'm at the new aquatic centre now (I do get 40% discount though). No tie in contract there either. You can get fitness classes on some of the deals websites if you use them - scoopon/ groupon/ living social etc.

No, the ones I have looked at the gym membership either works out more expensive, or about the same. I figure rather than tying myself in that is a better deal. Also if I go away for a couple of weeks, or hurt myself or am ill I won't be paying for something I'm not using.

Some of them are WAY more expensive than that. The cheapest I have found around me is a bit over $200 for 6 months of classes, which is good, but the gym is a bit run down and they don't have a huge amount of classes.

Actually, just looked at their website and their classes don't start until 6.30, so I could get there for that. Does anyone know how much they charge for a class? They don't seem to have prices on their website.

At this rate I might end up with a mix of classes at different place lol.

Guest klataylor
I actually drive Churchill road every week day, so I'll look into that one.

Goodlife do do passes just for the classes which are $99 for 8 classes, that is all I would be interested in getting from them.

Blossom, Powerhouse Gym dont do classes at the moment, which was my concern because I am a sheep BUT I sucked it up and am now doing Weights and using bodybuilding equipment and I really really love it. I am feeling it more than a Les Mills class.

plus no contracts. I paid $50 for 2 months, you pay upfront, no direct debits.

Thanks, I'll probably give that one a miss then. I lift quite a bit for work, but I don't ever really do anything to exercise my heart, so more running about. And I really do need classes, I know what I'm like, I need a set time to turn up and a set finish time so I don't just stop after 10 minutes.

Thanks again though.

The Marion Leisure Centre on Oaklands Rd is very good, has classes and its council owned so a lot cheaper and no lock in!

I got them to send me their fees and they are the most expensive one I have seen so far for classes! $6 more per class at casual rate than wear I have been going.

Even their 10 class pass works out more per class than the goodlife gyms, which also have no lock ins on. The class passes.

After trying out one of the goodlife ones I have decided I like their classes much more than where I have been going. I have even signed up for a year. I paid in advance and it works out at about just a bit under $14 a week, to use all of their facilities and classes as much as I like. That is less than I had been paying per class (but that was on a casual basis) at another gym.

Fitness here I come. ;-)