costs of medicals

Guest paul_smart

Guest paul_smart

Hi Just asking what's the average sort of price people paid to have the medical checks done, I was going to go to my GP and ask them to do it as they are attached to a hospital so have xray machines etc there and I wondered what sort of price they would ask.

Also was there anything unexpected in the tests or just, ears, eyes, lung capacity weight etc?

Thanks.

Guest paul_smart
Hi Paul,

Is your GP on this list.... http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

They will only except medicals done by doctors on this list.

Pete

Blimey Pete that's two golden nuggets in a week, I had no idea there was a docs list, I think you need to write down all the information in your head and put it on a sticky in the forum lol:notworthy:

Guest alibongo

hi

Our medicals cost 180 for me (I am a nurse so had to have hepatitis Band C blood tests in addition to the usual HIV) OH cost 150 1 child 125 as had Blood test the other child was 110 approx. CXR was 80 each regardless of age of the children,

Don't forget you may have to travel to have your medicals done. I seem to recall there was only 1 place to go to in Bournemouth the other nearest ones were in Bristol and Southampton I think.

We had height weight blood pressure eye test chest exam breast exam for women, abdominal check. our doctor checked over all our moles and freckles. had to do a urine sample and answer any questions that arose from our medical form we had already completed.

think that was about it.

Good luck

Ali

Guest caoimhe

Hi the cost of our med were

£100 per adult, £50 per child

£49 x-rays (only those over 11)

£10 HIV blood test (only those over 16)

£26 Hep B/C (not needed for everyone the doc should let you know)

Hope this gives you an idea

Guest paul_smart

Hi thanks for the response guys,

good to know general costs, I live in greater london, so there are quite a few about, though I think i'll try a couple for a price comparison, don't want to get too ripped off :jimlad:

Dear Ali,

I'm with you! Must be cheaper to fly to Belfast!!! We're forking out £858 next week for 2 adults, 11, 9 & 4yr old. £160 each for adults, £60 each for kids, £49 x2 for HIV tests and £90 x 3 for chest xray. Oh the joys of being in Cornwal with a choice of two panel doctors!!!

Liz

Guest Martin and Val

We paid £200 each at a clinic in Maidenhead. Medicals, x-rays, blood tests all done under one roof and they then posted them registered post one week later. Great service.

36_17_1.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

Guest DianeJ
Anyone had their medicals done in Manchester?

Barry

Hi Barry,

We had ours done in Manchester with medmigration, St John Street with Dr Brendon Smith. Very good service, £790 for 2 adults 3 kids under 10, inc xrays. Done in about 2 hrs.

Diane

• 1 month later...
Guest anna niks
Hi Just asking what's the average sort of price people paid to have the medical checks done, I was going to go to my GP and ask them to do it as they are attached to a hospital so have xray machines etc there and I wondered what sort of price they would ask.

Also was there anything unexpected in the tests or just, ears, eyes, lung capacity weight etc?

Thanks.

hi there ,

we just had our medicals done , the xrays were £89 each and the medicals were £170 an adult and £70 a child , £60 for the tracking ,we live just outside london .

the medicals took just over half hour for all of us , better than we thought ,

good luck with yours x x

Guest soggy

good to know general costs, I live in greater london, so there are quite a few about, though I think i'll try a couple for a price comparison, don't want to get too ripped off :jimlad:

Hi,

I lived in Kent and done a bit of phoning about and found the cheapest to be the one in Croydon, I think it was £115 for medicals and £50 for x-ray , the 2 places you need to go are only 1 minute walk apart and you can get them both done on the same day. I went on a Friday when only 1 doctor does the medicals, if your worried go that day, he was "understanding" about my blood pressure and we all passed.

Simon:)

Guest Lulujim
I was under the impression that kids didn't need medicals (under 16)? Am I wrong? We are getting a temporary visa, not a permanent one yet

Hi, I may be wrong (correct me if so!) but think all under 16s need a medical. Children aged 11 and over will also need an X-Ray. We are going on a temp visa too (475) and have booked medicals for OH, me, 2 yr old and 4 wk old baby. Apparently the medicals for the children don't require anything nasty like blood tests either - phew!!

Hope that helps! x

hi depending on where you live in London, Ealing hospital do the xray and there is a recommended clinic nearby for the meds .... total for family of 4 roughly £550 inc bloods etc . xx

Oh great - more £££ required! We have 3 boys (all under 5) - how much will theirs be? I don't know why I thought they wouldn't need it now. Sure I read it somewhere but can't find it. We are travelling on a 475 too. Haven't been able to apply yet as waiting on IELTS results (my husband's occupation is only 40 points). It all seems so far away :-(

Guest hollyc

Jo - I don't know about prices etc but on our visa I had to have a medical because I was entering a classroom situation on arrival in Oz, so this might be why the boys need it..... dunno though!!! :-)

Guest natdan

Hi bazndaf we live in manchester we had our meds done in november 2007 in john st in town paid about 700 quid , there is also a panel doctors in salford but found the town one more helpful etc. our meds were for a family of 4 including x/rays and blood tests and everything. very good and quick.drop us aline if you want the number. we have our visas and are ready to go , waiting on house sale, nightmare. wayne n louise.

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Paul, we had our meds done in Harley Street, London. For a family of 5 - 2A and 3K it cost us £850.00, including the posted to Aus. And the good thing it was all done in least than two hours, the lot meds, x rays and blood tests.

Good luck with yours

Hi Barry, We live near Manchester and are currently waiting for SA Government sponsorship. We then have to complete the visa application. Some friends have emigrated to Oz and they had their medicals done at a Doctors on King Street, Manchester. Unsure of the name. Do you know at what stage the medicals etc need to be carried out.

Hope this helps.

Trevali xx

Skills Assessed: 3.4.08

Skills approved: 19.5.08

SA Government Sponsorship sent: 16.6.08

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi,

Interesting reading about meds done in Manchester, has anyone had their meds carried out in Glasgow. We live in Cumbria (the outback of England)!!! and so will have to travel 3 hours in car to either Manchester or Glasgow for our Meds which will involve an overnight stay no doubt depending on appointment times.

• 2 weeks later...