Health insurance

Guest barry family

Guest barry family

Hi can anyone advise me on health insurance. I have been looking and so confused with which one would be best for my family. I am coming over in a few months on a 489 visa(so excited). My o/h is 41 i am 40 and my 2 sons are 12 and 13. I have had a quote from bupa 5986$ for the ultimate cover .can anyone recommend any other companies.

Thanks in advance amanda

Guest barry family

Hi Blossom

Because I am coming over on a 489 Visa I have been told I will not get health cover, or be entitled to anything for the first 2 years being in Australia. We got told this by our emigration officer from Visa Globe.

Amanda

Hi Blossom

Because I am coming over on a 489 Visa I have been told I will not get health cover, or be entitled to anything for the first 2 years being in Australia. We got told this by our emigration officer from Visa Globe.

Amanda

You are not entitled to benefits etc, but if you are from a country with a reciprocal health care scheme (which the uk does) then you are entitled to most health care things. I was on temp visas for five years and was entitled all that time.