Skin cancers.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Well, it's that time of year when we whip off our woolies and swap for singlets,shorts and thongs.:cool:

Please just do check for any unusual lumps /bumps/ scabs bleeding and so on.

Mrs Tyke has just had two suspicious lumps treated, one removed (awaiting biopsy) and one frozen.

I had a benign lump removed a few years ago and have another to go I reckon.

Several friends have recently had suspicious lumps removed.

I did mention this to one of our recent guests who had just migrated from the UK. They took their son to be checked and he had a lump removed also.

Check yourself!!

Get someone to check the bits you can't!

Anything suspicious at all - go see the doctor - most doctors surgeries will do small removals......

Well, it's that time of year when we whip off our woolies and swap for singlets,shorts and thongs.:cool:

Please just do check for any unusual lumps /bumps/ scabs bleeding and so on.

Mrs Tyke has just had two suspicious lumps treated, one removed (awaiting biopsy) and one frozen.

I had a benign lump removed a few years ago and have another to go I reckon.

Several friends have recently had suspicious lumps removed.

I did mention this to one of our recent guests who had just migrated from the UK. They took their son to be checked and he had a lump removed also.

Check yourself!!

Get someone to check the bits you can't!

Anything suspicious at all - go see the doctor - most doctors surgeries will do small removals......

We have an annual check as pretty normal standard and well advertised to do so here in sunny QLD. I would not wait until you think you might have to go, they can spot things well before you think anything even looks suspicious, they photo record any suspect spot for referencing on your next visit, as well as telling you to keep an eye out for any changes to it.

Remember most are nothing to worry about, freezing or removal is more precautionary than anything else.

Yes indeed Russell.The sun here will destroy you,if you are not very careful.People who go out to get tanned here are in for a shock,as the damage is permanent,unlike what i have experienced on my regular Holidays in Europe!The sun spots ,Kerotosis and rough pimples etc i have developed here simply do not go away!!All caused by the Sun.My advice is to stay out of it during the hottest parts of the day,plus regularly apply sunscreen.Us Northern Europeans were not created to live harmoniously with the harsh Sun down here!Be very aware all you new arrivals.