Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Blossom

Thread: Health Insurance 457 - reciprocal cover

3 times

Health Insurance 457 - reciprocal cover

Hi all,

UK citizen - looking for private insurance and on 457 log stay visa.
      Called BUPA and they quoted this. I dont mind the health insurance, but still trying to understand the reciprocal cover charge which is 150 dollars a month. I would appreciate if you could help me understand this and if I do need this.

Dear XXXX
      Thank you for contacting us about Bupa health cover. We've put together your tailored health insurance quote, you'll find it below. So please take a few moments to read through the details.
      Reference #:
      Level of Cover
      Monthly Premium* 1ST April
      Essential Visitors Cover with
      Your Choice Extras
      Reciprocal Health Cover (Tax Purposes)
      For your convenience, please find attached a Bupa Product Sheet and Standard Information Statement.

Thanks again for your interest in Bupa. If you'd like more information or if you're ready to join, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly Bupa team by phone, or reply to this email with your preferred contact time and number and we’ll give you a call.
      Take care,
      The XXXX Team

1827 times
      That's on top, not taken off the premium? You don't pay anything for reciprocal health cover. The fact it says for tax purposes I'm guessing means it isn't extra, but will affect your tax return (as you can off set health insurance). Just how that works I'm not sure.

I just wanted to check if you realised that as you have reciprocal health care you don't HAVE to have insurance. It covers the majority of things. I used it for five years and never came across anything which wasn't covered.
      evojoan likes this.
      Is a mummy!