Dental quote

kelbert

Ok, so one of my front crowns came out on the weekend and today I learnt that the root/base is cracked so I have to have an extraction. Then I need a partial denture until it fully heals and have been quoted $660 for that. Then I can choose to have a bridge $3000 or an implant $5000!!!

Happy Easter eh? So, I'm checking if anyone knows whether these prices are fairly similar or its worth shopping around. My assumption is that prices are set as each dental item/intervention has a specific code???

Hi Kelbert

I do sympathise.

I have a root canal to be completed on a back tooth which has 3 roots and my medical insurer will only pay for 1 of them to be treated. I therefore have been quoted $2000 to finish it off here.

I am going for a visit to the UK next month- my private dentist in the UK has quoted me £400 to complete the job.

Guess which option I am going for?

Ok, so one of my front crowns came out on the weekend and today I learnt that the root/base is cracked so I have to have an extraction. Then I need a partial denture until it fully heals and have been quoted $660 for that. Then I can choose to have a bridge $3000 or an implant $5000!!!

Happy Easter eh? So, I'm checking if anyone knows whether these prices are fairly similar or its worth shopping around. My assumption is that prices are set as each dental item/intervention has a specific code???

I think you will find that not all charge the same I would shop around.

Geeee. What's the point of insurance if they won't cover you fully?

It depends on your cover, but with most insurances car, house, travel there is an excess that you have to pay to claim anyway. People need to select an appropriate policy for their circumstances and read and understand the terms and conditions and then utilise it to the max!

For example.....I had a crown replaced last year. The cost of the crown was $1290. We pay extras private health cover which covers us for dental, chiro, optician, ambulance, physio etc (but not hospital cover) and under our policy I was entitled to 70% of the cost back. So I received $903 back and it cost me $387.

For major dental we can claim up to $1,000 each a year. You need to check when your annual policy runs from ours is Jan - Dec, so for example if you need some major work done in say October and it doesn't have to all be done at once and you will hit the $1,000 limit, then if it is viable you would do the next part at soon as it ticks over to the new year, then you will have another $1,000 allowance.

Look at smile.com.au it's a one off payment annually but you can only use specific dentists Those dentists knock a percentage off their charges and list thier costs

i used a dentist at Glenelg with Smile thinking I needed a crown was really surprised when the dentist so Oh no I can fill that

Done perfectly bill was definetly reasonable and I left feeling very happy

• 2 weeks later...