Weightwatchers - Seaford

Moosh

Guest Deb17

No, but I SHOULD. Perhaps the humiliation of a public weigh-in on the scales might prod me into staying away from the choccy drumsticks in the freezer. If anyone else is going perhaps a bunch of us chubbies should gang together and go --- d'you think they'd give us a group reduction on joining fees?

I highly doubt it. Looking at their website the only special offer is that the first meeting is free, saving $17.95! Whoopie doo!

I really do need to do something though, I have to lose at least 10kgs as I've been diagnosed with pre-diabetes.

:shocked:

Hi all,

in case you didn't see my previous post, I am a nutritionist and offer healthy eating and weight management advice.

Pm me for more information, I do appointments on a one to one basis, so everything is tailored to individuals and not made up for everybody, as we all know we are all different and require different changes within our lifestyle.

Guest Deb17

I know HOW to control my eating, I just can't be bothered anymore. You stick to really boring protein food like steak, fish and salad...until you lose all desire to eat. I 'did' the Atkins in a big way for six months, four years ago and lost 25 kilos!, that's about 3 and a half stone in old money. Sadly, depression and lack of a job in Oz have led to the attacking of the freezer section in Woolies - it's in the Guinness Book of Records that Aussies eat more kilos of ice-cream per head than any other nation in the world. (I think I've been a big contributor to that over the last 2 years!)

Most people know how to eat healthy, but it is understanding why people do the things that they do. There is a lot of psycology involved in weight managment and it isn't just telling you to eat salad.

I definately would not recommend the atkins diet to anyone, or any other diet for that matter. When you go on a diet you are going through what is commonly known as the yo-yo effect, companies know this!

Small, easy steps are the solutions, taking things at the pace and lifestyle that suits you.

Finances, work, family all have an impact on the type of diet that we all have, it's just a matter of finding out what works for you.

Many people have tried diets in the past, but why are they now still trying to diet again?

What I offer isn't a diet because as you have already experienced diets don't work!!!!!

P.s. the guiness book of records for eating the most ice cream is for australians, although you come here to embrace the lifestyle and all they have to offer, there is a line that can be drawn.

You will never know until you try.

I personally offer a free introductory session, this is for the individual to find out what I can do for them, but also for me to find out if they are ready to make changes and in the right frame of mind to do so. There is no point wasting money and time on something that you don't have the commitment to follow through.