Gluten-free thread for information

ozzieclare2be

Hi i thought id write a little post, if anyone out there is coming to Adelaide who may be coeliac or have a wheat allergy at my experience so far.

what can i say except fabulous!!!:) On my first day here i had a gluten free sandwhich at the blessed cheese mc claren vale, i was over the moon!! The supermarkets have tons of stuff for us coeliacs , alot of cafes do gluten free cakes. Tonight we went to Goodlife pizza jetty road glenlg and i had a GF pizza:shocked: first time in my life ive eaten a pizza whilst out since being gf!! Across the raod is a wrap shop that sells gf wraps and cakes. Cafe primo also have a seprerate gf menu and most places can accomodate or do an alternative. Theres a cake counter in marion shopping centre food hall does an excellent gf mud cake ok its $4.50 but it was yum (not great for the waistline but oh well).

Im sure i can add tons more , and if anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to add x:chatterbox:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi i thought id write a little post, if anyone out there is coming to Adelaide who may be coeliac or have a wheat allergy at my experience so far.

what can i say except fabulous!!!:) On my first day here i had a gluten free sandwhich at the blessed cheese mc claren vale, i was over the moon!! The supermarkets have tons of stuff for us coeliacs , alot of cafes do gluten free cakes. Tonight we went to Goodlife pizza jetty road glenlg and i had a GF pizza:shocked: first time in my life ive eaten a pizza whilst out since being gf!! Across the raod is a wrap shop that sells gf wraps and cakes. Cafe primo also have a seprerate gf menu and most places can accomodate or do an alternative. Theres a cake counter in marion shopping centre food hall does an excellent gf mud cake ok its $4.50 but it was yum (not great for the waistline but oh well).

Im sure i can add tons more , and if anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to add x:chatterbox:

My brother is a coeliac and is coming to visit us in Adelaide as part of his honeymoon, so thank you for this information.

I have spotted this bakery on our way home (not called in yet though, it's on the to do list!) www.kyliesglutenfree.com

Guest deborah

Do you belong to south australia Coeliac society?

My daughter and parrtner are both Coeliacs so i am really keen to research before we come out. From what i have heard so far it shouldn't be a problem.

Only difference i think will be that my daughter gets bread, flour and stuff on prescritpion, we currenlty get juevella fresh bread on prescription which is yummy.

Can you get GF fresh bread in Adelaide and is there a prescription facility?

When we come out we will have to pick your brain some more

Debs

• 2 weeks later...