continuing tour of the healthcare system

Guest ali@51

Guest ali@51

Ok I am now begining to think someone is having a laugh:arghh:. Anyone remember my thread last week on beeing a bad mother and my thursday in A&E? Well this Monday Pippa started with a cold.On Wednesday we took Meg to Flinders to see the opthalmolagist(?spelling) and Pippas cold kept getting worse.We spent most of the day in flinders hospital and got home about 4 by this tiime I was really worried and managed to get an apointment at the GP's at 5 by 6 we were guess where? A&E:mad:Pippa was in the middle of her 1st ever and i have to say fairly major Asthma attack. Talk about frightning we had hourly obs hourly ventolin all night. So when I went to fill in the form at reception did the lass ask me my name!!!! OH NO. Its Alison isnt it she said OH the shame. However it was worth it as she is now home still white as a sheet on 3hrly ventolin and steroids but much much better than she was. I also have to say the health care has been great. We havent had to pay anything yet. The GP bulk bills for under 15s and even pippas take home meds came free. We will however have to pay for Megs contact lense but we expected that. Hope we get a break from haspitals for a while:biglaugh:

guys, hope the luck changes soon, hope everyone ok soon. they say things can only get better. Fingers crossed things calm down and you all stay healthy:wubclub:

Just to bring a smile to your face Always look on the bright side, if ever anyone needs any help on hospitals they know who to ask;)

Guest ali@51

We were at flinders with Meg. Her consultant in the uk refered her to an opthalmolagist he knew and rated. He dose do some work out of wch but not the condition meg has, bit rare. I was in Modbury with Pippa. The Gp said we could go to wch or modbury with pippa but we had to go quick! and we wernt sure wher wch was

Hi Ali,

What a nightmare you seem to have had. At least she is on the mend.

I noticed you mentioned Megan ia wearing contact lenses. My 8 year old has just started (thinks she is very grown up) but is surprisingly concious about them. Doesn't know anyone else who weras tham so I'll let her know about Megan. LOL

Karen

Ohh, Ali you poor thing. I know exactly what its like to be in that situation, its so hard to think straight. Lets hope thats an end to the run of bad luck. I'm sure lots of mum's can relate to your story so don't be down on yourself.

Chin up girl

Judi x

Guest ali@51
Hi Ali,

What a nightmare you seem to have had. At least she is on the mend.

I noticed you mentioned Megan ia wearing contact lenses. My 8 year old has just started (thinks she is very grown up) but is surprisingly concious about them. Doesn't know anyone else who weras tham so I'll let her know about Megan. LOL

Karen

Megan has had contacts from beeing 7 weeks old and putting them in and out from 7. Is your daughter wearing soft or gas permiable. Megan is in soft at the moment but her consultant is talking about putting her in gas permiable so looking for advice on them at present.

We have just spent another 3 hours in fracture clinic having Meg put in a full plaster as the swelling has gone down!!!!

She has to go back to the gp in 4 weeks to have it removed and pippa has to go back to the gp at the end of the week.

If I don't see the inside of another medical establishment for for a while I will be eternaly gratefull!!!!!:cute:

Guest ali@51

Are we all sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.

Yesterday Megan decided to find out what would happen if your plaster starts to rub. She discovered that you get to sit in A&E for over an hour whilst the nice nurses replace the plaster for one that is much lighter and has more padding.

Today Pippa decided to find out what happens if you fall over and slice the palm of your hand open on the carpet gripper rods. She discovered that:-

1. You can spread a lot of blood a very long way
  2. You get a trip to the GP's
  3. Steri-srips are fun
  4. you get to have your athma check up 1/2 early AND
  5. you get to make another apointmen to go back on monday for a wound review.

If it wasnt true you couldn't make it up:p. We still have 3 weeks in plaster to get through and a comprehenstive glasses/lense review with meg. The worst of it is I keep looking at Joe and thinking you haven't done any

thing yet what have you got planed?

I need/deserve several very stiff drinks. I am at the end of my tether:arghh:. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong:goofy:. Can anyone lend me a padded cell to put the girls in? failing that has anyone got some valium they can lend me? the way things are going I think I'm going to need it:biglaugh:. Ah well if you didnt laugh you'd cry. Anyone know how to get blood out of carpets????????

Guest deanrm

You poor thing. Don't worry tho' in 9 days, you will have some company - because we also spend our lives in hopitals/doctors. Jacob seems to like to go to both or at the very least one every couple of weeks aswell.

Its funny tho' because Libby never has. Oh god, hope I have not just tempted fate.

Keep laughing.

Trisha

Are we all sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.

Yesterday Megan decided to find out what would happen if your plaster starts to rub. She discovered that you get to sit in A&E for over an hour whilst the nice nurses replace the plaster for one that is much lighter and has more padding.

Today Pippa decided to find out what happens if you fall over and slice the palm of your hand open on the carpet gripper rods. She discovered that:-

1. You can spread a lot of blood a very long way
  2. You get a trip to the GP's
  3. Steri-srips are fun
  4. you get to have your athma check up 1/2 early AND
  5. you get to make another apointmen to go back on monday for a wound review.

If it wasnt true you couldn't make it up. We still have 3 weeks in plaster to get through and a comprehenstive glasses/lense review with meg. The worst of it is I keep looking at Joe and thinking you haven't done any

thing yet what have you got planed?

I need/deserve several very stiff drinks. I am at the end of my tether:arghh:. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Can anyone lend me a padded cell to put the girls in? failing that has anyone got some valium they can lend me? the way things are going I think I'm going to need it. Ah well if you didnt laugh you'd cry. Anyone know how to get blood out of carpets????????

have one of these:wubclub: im sure i will have all this to come with alex, although he is sporting a nice black eye from nursery . Also wasnt impressed with hep B jab and doesnt realise its the first of 3 plus chicken pox jab poor mite (i could borrow some vallium from work but i will probly be arrested and deported sorry :biglaugh:). TRy biological washing powder on the blood but soak it first so hubby says (he knows about textiles apparently:err:)