Red Books and Medicals

Guest Lisado

Hi all

We have the red book for my oldest child but I can't find the red book for my youngest one - even though hunted everywhere.

I know we need details of their injections and they are both up to date with them but I am worried as we only have the one book.

Can we go to our doctors and ask for a print out of the injections, etc? ALso my youngest one suffers from a peanut allergy :( and is having tests soon as well as bad eczema on her fingers - does this sort of thing get looked at???

I think I am just stressing over any little thing now!

Thanks, Lisa

Hi all

We have the red book for my oldest child but I can't find the red book for my youngest one - even though hunted everywhere.

I know we need details of their injections and they are both up to date with them but I am worried as we only have the one book.

Can we go to our doctors and ask for a print out of the injections, etc? ALso my youngest one suffers from a peanut allergy :( and is having tests soon as well as bad eczema on her fingers - does this sort of thing get looked at???

I think I am just stressing over any little thing now!

Thanks, Lisa

hI, i never even thought about the red book for the kids!! i don't have much info in my kids books anyways the youngest is now 12. Do you really need these. I thought you would just have to say that they had had the necesssary injections (if they had) then they check with your if they wanted to. I haven't applied for the medicals yet, so perhaps i need to start gathering info

Good luck and the very best of luck to you

I am sure you can, as by law you are entitled to ask for a copy of your medical records for a fee, so can't see a problem even if it means you having to obtain the whole file.

Thanks everyone

Their injections are bang up to date (the last one still vivid in my mind being the pre-school booster)

I think I will pop to the docs just in case and see if I can get them to print them out and take.

I need to read the forms again as meds on 6 March

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thecollinsbunch

Hi everyone

This might seem a silly question but i don't know if our children have to have medicals? they are 12,11 and 8 and the price i have been quoted is between £100 to £150 i presume that is per person.

hope you can help

julie x:err:

Guest hel&sam

hi julie, they do need meds ours were £55 each but they were under 11 when we had them done so they didnt need chest xrays, over 11 they do. so £100 sounds about right.

Guest Lisado

Hi there

It cost us about £55 each for our kids' meds. THey just get wieghed and measured, have eyesight test and then our doc gave them a full medical (all of us in fact) - checking everything from ears to reflexes (we all have very tickley feet ;))

Oh and we didnt need the red books - only alist of all immunisations up to date - which we got from our docotr who signed the print out

Good luck

Lisa

Guest UzinOz

Even though my sons injections were all up to date in Uk, he still needed a couple of injections when he came here, can't remember what they were now, but he was none too pleased about it :nah:

Jackie

• 3 months later...
Guest theforrests

There are additional immunisations here - my 2 have just had the chicken pox jab, and the first of a course of 3 Hepatitis B jabs - they are not impressed with me!