Never thought we would ask this!

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

We have now been here since last October and so far have loved every bit of it. (Some things we have had issues with but nothing that we are worried about)

We are in a Rental property and during the summer the Aircon is not adequate and the lack of fly screens is a pain, now the winter is fast approaching and although I still have the shorts and T-Shirt on it is getting a little chilly at night in the house!

Has anybody shipped over any Calor Gas Heaters from The UK or has anybody managed to buy them from here in OZ? If you shipped them over do they work OK and did you need to exchange anything such as the regulator? If you bought them from OZ where did you get them from?

Many thanks

Martin and Val

Guest sandar1

I'm not sure whether they are the same type of gas heater as you have in Britain, but check out the deals direct page on the internet, I noticed they had a couple of gas heaters out on their site at good prices. Seems to me I have also seen some in at Bunnings last year. I'm cold too. Get those flyscreens fixed for next summer, have to keep those mozzies out, or you could get sick.

Guest kangomik

Yes you can get them, i have seen a few lately. Have a look on ebay just to get the names etc to search properly.

Be careful bringing european gas stuff over, i am almost certain that orange gas hose is not legal over here right away, so the reg could be iffy as well.

Guest Jo&Phil

Brr ... it doesn't take long at this time of year to feel distinctly chilly and I resent having to wear a coat in the house!

If you've been in your rental awhile and your landlord wants to keep you ... would they consider putting a gas heater in the main living area? We have one that looks like a wood burner (but is soooo much easier to light, haha) which cost about $800

Might be time to buy some Ugg boots too.