Bulbs and Presents!

Guest GIPSY

Guest GIPSY

Hi

Are the light bulbs in Oz the same as the UK - we have a box full and will pop them in the container if they will work?

Also, does anyone know how strick quarantine are with the goods being over 1 year old rule? I have a couple of potential problems... I bought a mirror ages ago but never took it out of the original box, it is over a year old, but I can't find the receipt to prove it - might just be best to take it out of the original box. However, we have retained the original boxes for our PC... same dilema.

Also, it is my daughters birthday not longer after we arrive so a few people have given us presents for her which will need to go into the container as they are too big to take with us in luggage - these are not over 1 year old and I have already filled in my forms to state that there is nothing under 1 year old!

Has anyone actually been pulled up on this?

Cheers Hayley

Guest kangomik

Never heard of the year old thing. they are more bothered about contaminants

The bulbs should fit, i haven't measured them but they tend to be bayonnet fitting.

Hi

We came over on 3 January so you can imagine we had all our xmas presents which was brand new and some was unopened. As boxes were packed and picked up on 30th Dec, most of the presents went into container and we just ticked under 1 year old and in comments put that they were xmas presents.

None of those boxes were opened.

Kids had to wait 3 months to play with some of their presents

Regards

Sandra

Hi,

Our moving agents told us that the one year rule for goods only becomes an issue for white goods and expensive electronic equipment. What they don't want is for people to bring in containers full of new fridges, washing machines, plasma tv's etc. Having said that we bought plenty of new stuff including white goods and there wasn't a problem. Beware of brands though as spare parts may be an issue.

Guest graandjac

We had heaps of new stuff , just open the box and re tape it up with packing tape and there you go an old box:idea:, its all a fuss about nothing as long as you dont just take the pi**

Guest JulieG

Hi

I'd bring all your light bulbs, we left ours in the house for tenants. Wished we hadn't they're quite expensive here.

Hi

Are the light bulbs in Oz the same as the UK - we have a box full and will pop them in the container if they will work?

Also, does anyone know how strick quarantine are with the goods being over 1 year old rule? I have a couple of potential problems... I bought a mirror ages ago but never took it out of the original box, it is over a year old, but I can't find the receipt to prove it - might just be best to take it out of the original box. However, we have retained the original boxes for our PC... same dilema.

Also, it is my daughters birthday not longer after we arrive so a few people have given us presents for her which will need to go into the container as they are too big to take with us in luggage - these are not over 1 year old and I have already filled in my forms to state that there is nothing under 1 year old!

Has anyone actually been pulled up on this?

Cheers Hayley

• 2 weeks later...